Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seperatist Arithmetic

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Odd that the Scottish govt don't jump up and down complaining about this. Maybe it suits them to keep quiet.

Richard Murphy (the piece you are quoting almost word for word) is funded by the European Union. Just thought I would mention that
    Firstly, how would you know if the SG had been jumping up and down about this? Who was going to report it - not the BBC, or other MSM and certainly not the Daily Telegraph.
    Secondly, I did not quote anything "almost word for word". I summarised a much longer article. What is wrong with that?
    Thirdly, why is it always the messenger that is attacked? The message is clear; the SG is not allowed to run a deficit so any deficit that is ascribed is that which Westminster says is our share of the deficit the UK is running. That is what the debate should be about, surely.
    Fourthly, what does it matter that someone is funded by the EU? What sort of impropriety are you suggesting?

I rely on you to let me know what the Scottish government are thinking. If you say they are not jumping up and down, then things must be ok.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	35187

I wonder if the arithmetical errors will now be reversed, and instead of 5,000 people being counted as 100,000, they will now be counted as 499? Will Diane Abbot still be in charge of numeracy?

I see Wee Krankie saying that coronavirus will be "the biggest peacetime mission in our lifetimes". So using serperatist terminology, 6 years then?

I know it won't do any good, orkneycadian, but could you please stop calling the first minister by this derogatory title which helps nobody at this awful time. Have to say that for me, having never been much of a fan of the FM, she now commands my utmost respect for what she is doing and how she is presenting herself day by day- and I am listening now to what she says.
    Take heart, Corky!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    I know it won't do any good, orkneycadian, but could you please stop calling the first minister by this derogatory title which helps nobody at this awful time. Have to say that for me, having never been much of a fan of the FM, she now commands my utmost respect for what she is doing and how she is presenting herself day by day- and I am listening now to what she says.
    Take heart, Corky!
    Having watched Boris Johnston speak to the press and in the house of commons I despair. He is totally unable to express himself properly without stuttering, mumbling and gesticulating; his mouth is running faster than his meagre brain. The man is a PR disaster. Nicola Sturgeon on the other hand makes her point succinctly, speaks coherently with gravitas as appropriate. Our FM might not be popular with orkneycadian and his/her BritNat pals but she commands a lot of respect not just in Scotland but across England too. In these worrying times I know I would rather take advice and guidance from someone who can express themselves properly than someone who testiculates.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Take heart, Corky!
    Thank you for writing that. As you know I have tried numerous times to get him to stop and I know others have too. He won't pay any attention to me but hopefully your efforts will work.

I know it won't do any good, orkneycadian, but could you please stop calling the first minister by this derogatory title which helps nobody at this awful time.
    Since you have asked nicely Fulmar, then yes, OK, I will. Previous posters, now on the Ignore List, suggested that this piece of fun was misogynistic, which was utter nonsense, hence the Ignore List. Maybe that poster can now go and address the comments on other forums (not this one), where the UK PM is called Doris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12