Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Martin Taylor? In Thurso!?

Default Martin Taylor? In Thurso!?

Could barely believe my eyes when I took at a look at the org's homepage today. Is Martin Taylor really coming to play Thurso? He is, in my opinion, the finest technical guitarist alive in the world today. I saw his last Scottish show at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh and it was simply mind-blowing. I suggest anyone with an interest in music get along and see a true master of the guitar at work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Could barely believe my eyes when I took at a look at the org's homepage today. Is Martin Taylor really coming to play Thurso? He is, in my opinion, the finest technical guitarist alive in the world today. I saw his last Scottish show at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh and it was simply mind-blowing. I suggest anyone with an interest in music get along and see a true master of the guitar at work.
    Shockaroony!

To think there is no music scene up here

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post

I think it's great that Martin's coming to Thurso, and wish I could see him perform too! I've got one of his CDs, and I agree with your opinion, Pepsi!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Shockaroony!

To think there is no music scene up here
    People like Martin Taylor don't venture this far north. I'd expect nothing less than a Sold Out show with many more people demanding to get in. So show your support, folks. Give him a good, Caithness welcome and maybe, just maybe he'll tell more of his influential friends what a great place Caithness is... and have a few more internationally-renowned musicians come up to play.

Mac, artists of Taylor's caliber come up once in a blue moon - that doesn't mean there's a music scene. Caithness is a bit like an architects model: there's people doing, perhaps, the same thing in different places, yet not coming together for the greater good. Perhaps the Big Gig will change that. Time will tell, I guess.
    Last edited by The Pepsi Challenge; 13-Jun-07 at 21:26.

Who is Martin Taylor, never heard of him??? He can't be that good or he wouldn't be going to Choochterville surely

I saw Shooglenifty in Caithness, probably the best band in the known universe and thats for real, saw them in the Waterfront.

Default Martin Taylor

Martin Taylor is a regular visitor to the Mill Theatre, this is his fourth visit in the past five years. There are still a few seats available but they're going fast.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by norscot View Post
    Martin Taylor is a regular visitor to the Mill Theatre, this is his fourth visit in the past five years. There are still a few seats available but they're going fast.
    you beat me to it....

yeah his fourth visit indeed