Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: SSE PAYG Electricity Key Meter?

Question SSE PAYG Electricity Key Meter?

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a maximum amount of credit you can top up your meter with? I'm trying to find out for my elderly neighbour and I couldn't find anything on the SSE website about any limit. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

hi its £249

Thanks, Alistair.

Some of the shops won't accept more than £100 if you're paying with cash and a few their limit is £150 & some require ID if you're paying with a debit card. Best to go to the post office to top up, saves any hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Some of the shops won't accept more than £100 if you're paying with cash and a few their limit is £150 & some require ID if you're paying with a debit card. Best to go to the post office to top up, saves any hassle.
    I didn't know that so thanks, but it wasn't for topping up that much in one go. I take care of loading the key and topping up the meter for her and she had just over £230 credit in it. When I tried to add the latest top-up of £40 the total never changed. I thought I saw 'Token Accepted' flash up on the display but I wasn't 100% sure. I thought it might be because of a credit limit but had to find out just in case it was actually a fault with the key or meter.

when you stick the key in it usually makes a couple of low pitched beeps, if you heard them then it will have been accepted but you could try inserting it again. I don't know what the limit is on the meter itself but i can't imagine there being one