Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: SSE PAYG Electricity Key Meter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question SSE PAYG Electricity Key Meter?

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a maximum amount of credit you can top up your meter with? I'm trying to find out for my elderly neighbour and I couldn't find anything on the SSE website about any limit. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    If it ain't broke....hit it harder

hi its 249

Thanks, Alistair.

Some of the shops won't accept more than 100 if you're paying with cash and a few their limit is 150 & some require ID if you're paying with a debit card. Best to go to the post office to top up, saves any hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Some of the shops won't accept more than 100 if you're paying with cash and a few their limit is 150 & some require ID if you're paying with a debit card. Best to go to the post office to top up, saves any hassle.
    I didn't know that so thanks, but it wasn't for topping up that much in one go. I take care of loading the key and topping up the meter for her and she had just over 230 credit in it. When I tried to add the latest top-up of 40 the total never changed. I thought I saw 'Token Accepted' flash up on the display but I wasn't 100% sure. I thought it might be because of a credit limit but had to find out just in case it was actually a fault with the key or meter.

when you stick the key in it usually makes a couple of low pitched beeps, if you heard them then it will have been accepted but you could try inserting it again. I don't know what the limit is on the meter itself but i can't imagine there being one