Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: No trailers ! Open door to fly tipping

Default No trailers ! Open door to fly tipping

No trailers after October permitted !
    Where do we go with old beds, tree cuttings, washing machines etc ?

Maybe you should read the new measures again? Only applies to Trailers over 2.4m. Not many householders will be using one over that length?

https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/9759

Quote Originally Posted by little miss breezy breeks View Post
    Maybe you should read the new measures again? Only applies to Trailers over 2.4m. Not many householders will be using one over that length?

https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/9759
    That's good news, Thanks.
    Them there people at the recycling centre could of explained that better.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

is that trailer size from tow hitch to tailboard or the size of the trailer internally ????
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

thats my query also, from the release you would assume its overall length.
    Lots of domestic people with trailers over those sizes
    W.A.T.P.

When this thread got going I a made an enquiry to Highland council and today finally got a response. A final decision will not be known until after 1st November as there is to be a local meeting with a manger from Dingwall. The measurements are likely to be the bed of the trailer and not what attaches the trailer to a vehicle. Se we will have to await further developments.

So if your trailer bed was say 3m and you were to box out a 600mm section to make it a 2.4m useable size and that would be ok?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by little miss breezy breeks View Post
    Even if its just the internal length and not the overall length, thats even the babiest of Ifor Williams flatbeds out of the question, as it is 2.44m long internally.
    I am sure if you fly tipped down at Gills Bay terminal it will be OK. Andrew Banks is already attempting to bridge te Pentland Firth by gradually building out from there towards Orkney.

i note that tractors are not excluded from the article.
    so I can fill a 5 ton trailer with rubbish, drop the trailer on the access road and unload it by bucket into the recycle center, no worries.
    But just dare and take a twin axle iforwilliams in and your barred
    W.A.T.P.

Tractors should make short work of the height barriers as well. Dunno if you have them over there, but here they are constantly in a sorry state of repair after their latest assault on someones camper van or roof box.

whats to stop you driving up with it piled high in a pokey wee trailer as opposed to a level load in a large trailer? someone somewhere will always get around the rules and regulations. it's par for the course in Caithness....

Its a kinda expensive way round it. You need to sell your big trailer, which no-one in the Highland Council region will not want anymore, then buy a different trailer

i can see a lot of fly tipping happening,and the council pick it up anyway,i dont get it,seems more work for the council.

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    i can see a lot of fly tipping happening,and the council pick it up anyway,i dont get it,seems more work for the council.
    The irony is that although it is becoming increasingly more difficult to take your rubbish to the recycling centre and especially stuff for landfill, huge Yuill and Dodds articulated lorries come thundering through the town centre on a daily basis bringing landfill from places such as the Ilse of Skye to tip at Seater waste facility at Bower, who ever allowed that to happen ?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    The irony is that although it is becoming increasingly more difficult to take your rubbish to the recycling centre and especially stuff for landfill, huge Yuill and Dodds articulated lorries come thundering through the town centre on a daily basis bringing landfill from places such as the Ilse of Skye to tip at Seater waste facility at Bower, who ever allowed that to happen ?
    They will be paying for the service I am sure
    W.A.T.P.