Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Donald MacKay and Anne MacKay (Sutherland) Headstone Photo

Default Donald MacKay and Anne MacKay (Sutherland) Headstone Photo

Hi all, this is my first post. I am seeking a headstone photo of my x3 great grand parents Donald MacKay born I believe in Rogart, Sutherland, Caithness (1779-4 Feb 1861) died Harpsdale, Halkirk. I believe he married twice, first spouse was a Christian Bain (1777-1819?) from Halkirk and second spouse Ann/e Sutherland (1788-1841?) from Dunnet (my x3 gggmother).

Donald and Anne had 5 children Ann 1820, Janet 1821, James 1823, Donald 1825 and David 1828 and were married in May 1919.

Donald and Christian also had 5 children Thomas 1804, Jean 1807, John 1809, Ann 1814 and Elizabeth 1817. They married in Dec 1803.

I have tried to find a headstone photo on Find a Grave and Billion graves and also on oddquine.co.uk with no success.

Could someone please point me in the right direction in regard to my headstone search, there is a Thomas MacKay and Christian Bain in Halkirk and a Donald and Anne MacKay also in Halkirk, but the dates don’t match up so have hit a brick wall.

I am also after Donald’s and Anne’s parents, so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

This may not relate at all, but I've just learned that my 3rd great grandmother, Elisabeth Sutherland (1822-1908) from Latheron had an illegitimate child, Donald McKay (born abt. 1844-45). His father was also a Donald McKay, but I have no information on him.