Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: nintendo ds problems

Unhappy nintendo ds problems

Hi everyone, I recently bought a nintendo ds lite and have now got a slight problem. A black blob has appeared on the screen and the colour keeps dissappearing. Don't know if it has been dropped or what????? Does anyone know how much it will cost to fix or if there is anyone locally who can fix it????

Have u tried ebay?

I found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NINTEND-ND...QQcmdZViewItem

I know its from hong kong but they don't usually take long to arrive i have bought stuff from there before

Or keep looking on ebay if u r stuck, u get some good bargains from there

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Hi everyone, I recently bought a nintendo ds lite and have now got a slight problem. A black blob has appeared on the screen and the colour keeps dissappearing. Don't know if it has been dropped or what????? Does anyone know how much it will cost to fix or if there is anyone locally who can fix it????
    Sorry Doodlebug but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo doesn't repair anything if you live outside the U.S.
    What do I do if I need a repair and I live outside of the U.S. or Canada, or the product I need assistance with was purchased outside of the U.S. or Canada?
    We are only able to repair products for residents of the U.S. and Canada. We are also not able to repair or modify products made for use in other countries. If you are having problems with such a product, try our international distributors list for repair information, or return to the retailer where purchased.
    (Pretty crap eh)

You could always try giving their Europe branch a ring

Nintendo U.K. (Codestorm) Phone 0870 60 60 247

Address: Walton Road
    Farlington
    Hampshire
    PO6 1TR

www.nintendo-europe.com

if you have recently bought it then it should be under warranty. Just take it back to the shop where you got it and tell them its went faulty on you and your not happy and want an exchange. As long as you still have your receipt you should be ok........just dont tell them it may have been dropped!!!

Hi, If you are still within the warranty period you can return your console to the Nintendo Service Centre. This will not apply for damage caused by dropping, so I would suggest that "The screen just started going funny one day"

The policy is that, in most cases, they simply send you a new console to replace the faulty one. I am sure it is not cost effective for them to do anything other than the most basic of repairs. My son had a problem with the left shoulder button on his console so we sent it back with a covering note explaining the problem. It took about 4 weeks for the new one to arrive. I had a hell of a time trying to get an answer on their phone line so contacted them by email:-

nintendoservicecentre@codestorm.co.uk

Basically, you are supposed to let them know that you are sending the console in. This is to check that the problem is something that the warranty covers.

I found a company on the web that quoted roughly £40 to repair a screen problem:-

http://www.maughanmicrocomputers.co.uk/dsscreen.html

Personally speaking, I wouldn't go down that route at that price, better to spend extra and get a new console and extra warranty.

I was quite impressed with the customer service, although it took a few weeks to arrive, there was no quibble at any stage and we had a nice shiny new console. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Well we are living in a throw away culture so it wont be cheaper to fix it thats if u can if its recently why dont you try returning under the guarantee failing that it looks like you need to buy another one