Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Calor Gas Boilers

Default Calor Gas Boilers

Can anyone recommend a reputable company that can supply & fit a Calor Gas boiler?
    Also is it possible to convert an existing oil burning boiler to run on Calor
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Having replaced my lpg boiler last year i can recommend korrie in thurso. Turned up on time, Took as long as they said it would, Left my house as found plus they were the cheapest of the three i got quotes from

Just curious. Why do you want to swap from oil to gas?

Thanks for that LMBB. i e-mailed them on Thursday , but as of yet no reply.
    Reason I am considering Calor is that both boiler & tank need replacing and have heard that gas is more economical than oil
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Yes if you can get on the town gas supply. I unfortunatly have the tank in my garden Research your boiler as i bought a bells and whistles combie and put it in the garage and it put my monthly bill up! If you opt for a combie Put it as close to your hot water taps as you can get it.

try Forss engineering I had them and have recommended them very good 01847 861317

E-mailed both Korrie & Forss last Thursday, still waiting for reply from both!

Try Ryan at RDI Renewables in Thruso heard some very good stories about his work. 01847890012.

Having a full Calor system installed I must say we would happily move over to oil tomorrow if the option was available or if we needed a new system. There are only a couple suppliers up this way and we have been well and truly screwed with prices & run outs during winter season for a couple of years by one of them. The worst was two winters ago when they left us with no gas for 6 days and refused to give any more information, we just had to wait until we got the text saying gas was on the way. The only way to get a reasonable price is by deception and when your looking at prices of between 54p and 38p per ltr when your using 3000ltr plus per year that makes a real difference. Each to their own but Id jump to oil in a heart beat.

Kev
    If you need sign writing or sign & print services then why not give me a call.
    Tel: 01593 721172
    www.kjsigns.uk

I am not convinced that Gas is a good solution re price - I would change back to oil after using LPG for 8 years - Calor and other suppliers of LPG are just too expensive and it is not a competitive market in the North of Scotland with only 2 suppliers. Your first 1-2 years contract price may be lower than Oil, unfortunately after the initial contract your price will rise substantially. Stick to oil is my suggestion.