Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: This is gonna hurt them!

Default This is gonna hurt them!

I thought all the donations were spent on the RNLI itsef, not funding overseas aid!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-abroad.html

Well, I bet not many outside of the organisation knew that. I went to the open day at Scrabster and gave. The crew do an excellent job, just a shame that top brass are clueless. I bet the advertised job went to someone with links to the top.

Charity begins at home, and should stay there if short of cash!

I’m shocked that at this day and age, when people are supposedly wiser, that someone still reads the Daily Fail! ��

I think if anyone in this day and age depends on any one single MSM source for their info, they are sadly misguided. You really need to take in a broad spectrum, then make your own mind up. BBC, Daily Mail, RT, Al Jazeera gives a good start. Sure, you will find complete opposites in these, but that just highlights how polarised the reporting is. BBC are one of the most polarised, and you really need to take in other sources to get some balance.

i think every MSM outlet reported it yesterday, some with their own take on it, one claiming donations have surged from remain voters due to brexiteers boycotting them which if anything is another load of remain bullcrap. I do wish you were wiser Joxville and took it upon yourself to be enlightened as to the possible future problems that the RNLI could possibly have with funds drying up instead of trying your best to belittle me and in my eyes you have lowered yourself to the same standards as the newspaper by trying to do so! No i don't read the DM, i merely copied the link from a friends FB page on which he had the article shared from someone else. Orkneycadian, i do indeed view the broader spectrum of news and take in what i think to be the proper news, not some faked or hyped up trash.

So why waste time reading RT, the Daily Fail and other made-up trash? Opposing opinions may be worthwhile sometimes, but made-up trash?

Because you will find, when you take in a wide range of reports, that just because its published by someone other than the BBC, its not necessarily "made up trash" as you call it. Sure, theres a lot of it on all sides, but the likes of the BBC are just as good as putting a strong bias on whats being reported.