Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hayseed Dixie...

Default Hayseed Dixie...

You reckon many people would be interested in seeing these guys up here?

If you don't know who there are... listen here

http://myspace.com/hayseeddixie

They'd definitely get a party started that's for sure. Played with them at the Garage last year, and still trying to shake the hangover. Jeff, their manager, will want big buckaroos, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    They'd definitely get a party started that's for sure. Played with them at the Garage last year, and still trying to shake the hangover. Jeff, their manager, will want big buckaroos, though.
    Is it true that they come from Edinburgh, Pepsi, as a good friend of yours laughingly told me between fiddle tunes.? Would'nt make much difference to their rather fine music though.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Says they are from North Carolina, thats a long way to Thurso. Anyway they sound like fun, a hillbilly ACDC band, I'd turn out for that, just to hear banjo and slide guitar

Smile Hayseed Dixie

Were in Stornoway a few months ago - packed houses of all ages, thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Says they are from North Carolina, thats a long way to Thurso. Anyway they sound like fun, a hillbilly ACDC band, I'd turn out for that, just to hear banjo and slide guitar
    That's why the fiddle player who knew them was so amused when telling me, that they, in reality, hail from Auld Reekie.

North Carolina? Quality. You'd be surprised how many people still fall for their schtick. March down to the Blind Beggar pub on Edinburgh's Broughton Road any day of the week and chances are you'll find the band swilling on a few ales. They come from all over Scotland, I believe, though they've been resident in Edinburgh for quite some time now. When my band (at the time, Hai Karate) supported them at the end of Celtic Connections in January of last year, we started mimicking their pseudo-American Southern drawls when they came into the dressing room next to ours. They weren't too happy at us taking the wee-wee - we just wanted to have a laugh, and it proved my theory they couldn't take a joke being returned on them - and they bemoaned us for daring to have drums in our line-up. Apparently no drummer can keep up with their fast playing, or so they said. Perhaps Chobbers might like to take up the challenge should HD turn up in Thurso, Tennessee? That aside, they're a good party band. Their novelty quickly wears thin, but for one night, you'll definitely have a blast. Speaking of the Blind Beggar, their song of the same name - one of their few originals - is a cracking tune. Anyway, enough o' my yakking, grab yourselves a root beer and get down to the Barn Dance... Hayseed style.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    grab yourselves a root beer and get down to the Barn Dance... Hayseed style.
    I'm not going to see a mere covers band. LOL

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

have one of their albums somewhere, certainly gets your toe tapping

Craig Duncan was using them to test his PA & they were doing bluegrass versions of AC/DC covers on that particular album

i stumbled upon them at T in the Park a few years ago by mistake - good band tho, atmosphere in the tent was quality!

Came across this band a couple of years ago and have a lot of there stuff, growing up being a metal head and then exploring diffrent styles of music, it kind of struck a chord!!

If they came up am sure they would get a good turnout.

A song to look out for 'Keeping your poop in a jar' had me in stitches!!

oh aye hayseed dixie played in inverness last summer didn't they with like Echo & The Bunnymen? they're pretty lethal and that song 'Keepin Your Poop In A Jar' is beasting

i saw hayseed dixie playin at in ullapool at the Loopallu festival last year, pretty good band, would love to see them up here, would definitely go and see them!

The Bruce saw them in inverness - they had a great night dunno if he and his ates knew they were from Edi though.

they played the Tuborg stage at download this year and was packed according to some fellow campers

Super, and as much as all the stories are good, not many people have answered.

Is it worth the effort(and more importantly, the hefty fee) to get them up here?

Jeid, have you not contacted Jeff, their manager yet? They're gonna be hosting their annual Loopalllu festival in September; why not try and get them to come to Thurso just before that seeing as they'll be in the area?

They've been in touch aye. I'm just gauging interest. If I think there's a chance of a good crowd, then we'll get them booked, but we'd need to get a couple of hundred in to make it worth our while

Definetly should get them up. Would attract a different crowd than the normal skins following i reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Super, and as much as all the stories are good, not many people have answered.

Is it worth the effort(and more importantly, the hefty fee) to get them up here?
    You won't get a lot of answers in the music section of the org so it won't be a good gauge of how many people will turn up, if you base bringing them up here on thoughts of the org you may as well forget it now. bring them up and set up a barn somewhere that can hold two to three hundred people and call it Hayseeds in The Barn and tell the young fairmers about it and advertise it across the county. Make sure you put their myspace on the posters, It'll be mobbed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast