Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Has the SNP run out of money?

Default Has the SNP run out of money?

I received a letter today to my home which was addressed to someone who doesn't live here, and has never lived here. I've been in this house for over 20 years.

I was worried there may be some sort of fraudulent basis to this, so I opened the letter. I at least thought I could contact whatever business was responsible for the communication and tell them that no such person exists - at least at this address. Upon opening the letter I found it was a communication from the SNP about the European elections. So, in my effort to be a responsible person I thought I would contact the SNP to let them know they had made a blunder in sending this letter to an incorrect address.

After looking up a general contact number for the SNP - from the website the general telephone number is 0800 633 5432 - I tried phoning them to let them know of their error. Lo and behold, it is a dead line. Maybe they forgot to pay the phone bill, or can't afford it.

Oh, what to do?

I'm not on Twitbook, or Facebeak, or whatever these social media contraptions are called, so I can't message them directly. I am at a dead end.

Never mind.

Another few pence wasted in the name of government.

Have a good day folks.

Could Caroline Cundall please explain why the SNP think she lives at my house?

Did you get the same name on yours sgmcgregor?

Hello B0wer,

No, Caroline Cundall wasn't the name on my letter. I received one addressed to "Kajan Perampalam". I now know that a relation of mine has received one addressed to another name. No such person exists at their address either.

What is going on?

Being a cynical person, maybe there is a news story coming claiming "We, the SNP, have a huge number of members that we have been contacting regarding the European elections." Regardless of what the reason is, I have a postal vote. I filled it in last week and threw it back in the pillar box. Job done. Receiving leaflets and letters the following week is completely pointless. It won't change a thing. I've noticed this over the years of the postal vote - leaflets, and door knocking happens too late to have an influence on my opinion. Plus, I'm "a grumpy old man" - so nothing in the world will change my opinion anyway. <grin>

It will be interesting to hear if anyone else receives a letter.

Watch this space, and thanks for your response B0wer.

Kind regards,
    Steven
    Last edited by sgmcgregor; 14-May-19 at 22:48.

"SNP apologise over European election mail error

SNP bosses were forced to apologise after European election mail shots were sent out with the wrong addresses - with Scottish Lib Dems leader Willie Rennie receiving one addressed to 'Edna'.

Nicola Sturgeon's said "some" of the 400,000 letters sent had the wrong name on them as a result of a "clerical error". ... ".

Source:
    https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...rror-1-4924903

I received one of these from the SNP and one from UKIP too.

Vote Edna on Thursday!