I received a letter today to my home which was addressed to someone who doesn't live here, and has never lived here. I've been in this house for over 20 years.

I was worried there may be some sort of fraudulent basis to this, so I opened the letter. I at least thought I could contact whatever business was responsible for the communication and tell them that no such person exists - at least at this address. Upon opening the letter I found it was a communication from the SNP about the European elections. So, in my effort to be a responsible person I thought I would contact the SNP to let them know they had made a blunder in sending this letter to an incorrect address.

After looking up a general contact number for the SNP - from the website the general telephone number is 0800 633 5432 - I tried phoning them to let them know of their error. Lo and behold, it is a dead line. Maybe they forgot to pay the phone bill, or can't afford it.

Oh, what to do?

I'm not on Twitbook, or Facebeak, or whatever these social media contraptions are called, so I can't message them directly. I am at a dead end.

Never mind.

Another few pence wasted in the name of government.

Have a good day folks.