Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A really long shot

Default A really long shot

Like many others I left Thurso many years ago. Back in the early 70s, a year or so before I married, I sold what had been my pride and joy because it had broken down and I couldn’t afford to fix it. Even if I could, I didn’t know anyone in Caithness who could service and repair Lambretta scooters. It was a metallic blue Lambretta TV 200. Unfortunately I can’t remember the reg no or the person who bought it. It was collected from my girlfriend’s (now wife) house in Ormlie Road. I would love to find out what happened to it. Anyone know if it’s still in Caithness or where it might be?

you'll be surprised what record the dvla has.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Sadly they are unlikely to share any information with me that identifies individuals as they adhere strictly to GDPR

DVLA might not be such a dead duck as you think they might be.
    GDPR does not necessarily limit you from the possibility of getting historic ownership as you think it might
    just because it might not be data concerning you.

I know of one case whereby a subject access request was sent to them and they came back with redacted info regarding names
    but it detailed info upon the area a triumph vitessee was in in that time.
    the person found a owners club forum and posted on there and found his car that he'd owned in 1973 though it was off road .

have you tried the various Lambretta owners clubsites say via google.?
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

If it is still around.. Its worth around 12 grand.. If you've a plate number.. I can put it out on a few forums for you?