Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Birons Ironmongers

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    I’ve said enough on this thread, at least for the time being. I don’t want to argue with Kevin over technicalities, I’d prefer to see him stay open and enjoy success together with double yellow lines. I hope they can be friends forever. Ironmonger man and double yellow lines, please live happily ever after!
    Thank you for your input Aqua, ( PS have you taken a drink?)
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Drove by here the other week. For a place thats supposed to be having a closing down sale, it seems to have an awful lot of stuff still?

Passed through Wick yesterday. Great to see Bridge street flowing so freely, without the usual congestion. And great to see small shops like Birons doing so well. Windows positively full of stuff and wheelbarrows and other items racked up on the pavement,not just in front of their own shop, but others as well. Great to be able to see stuff in shops without it being obscured by badly parked vehicles.

I may stop off in some if your free car parks on the way north to do some shopping!

Is this place ever closing? The windows seem as rammed with as much stuff as ever, which is so much easier to see now that there is much less vehicles parked in the way.

The double yellows are full of parked cars, and I don't see a problem. People are voting with their cars!

Link set as my Homepage

Weekers don’t fear double yellows. They’re made of sterner stuff in the east of the county!

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Kevin, I hope you’re not closing down in an attempt to prove a point to the councillors, because that’s how it reads to some people.
    Its starting to look very like that the threat of closing down was to prove a point to councillors. I don't think I have ever seen a shop thats closing down with so much stock still in it. Oh, and your "Closing Down Sale" posters seem to have either fallen down or blown away as well

What yellow lines? Cant see them for parked cars.

About time an artic just ran up the side of them all. The drivers might be a bit more reluctant to selfishly park on double yellows and cause congestion on Bridge Street once they see the state of their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    About time an artic just ran up the side of them all. The drivers might be a bit more reluctant to selfishly park on double yellows and cause congestion on Bridge Street once they see the state of their cars.
    I think a few would be happy to get the insurance payout
    W.A.T.P.

So what actually is the status of this place now?

In the following link;

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...ns-introduced/

It says it is closed. Past tense. It has closed, not that it will close. To quote John Cleese, "it has ceased to be"

But, on driving down Bridge Street, in the rare glimpses you get between all the parked cars, it seems very much open. Is it in different ownership from that mentioned in the P&J article above?

How about giving up on bashing Birons and actually supporting him or is that too far beneath you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    How about giving up on bashing Birons and actually supporting him or is that too far beneath you?
    Don't expect orkneycadian to have anything positive to say about anything.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

In the following link;

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...ns-introduced/

It says it is closed. Past tense. It has closed, not that it will close. To quote John Cleese, "it has ceased to be"

But, on driving down Bridge Street, in the rare glimpses you get between all the parked cars, it seems very much open. Is it in different ownership from that mentioned in the P&J article above?
    You seem to have developed an unhealthy obsession with my business orkneycadian.
    My regular customers that support us are well aware of where we are in the whole scheme of things and I have kept them all informed either when they visit the shop or follow our Facebook page.
    It appears that you spend a lot of time driving up and down Bridge Street so why not park outside for ten minutes (it is allowed because our esteemed civic leader said so) and come and have a cup of tea with us, I will show you my books and epos print outs so you can satisfy yourself that what I have been saying all along is correct.
    The same applies to anyone else that has a doubt about whether or not the double yellow lines is a good thing for the towns development.
    Last edited by Kevin Milkins; 05-Dec-19 at 22:02.

does your civic leader control the constabulary?
    W.A.T.P.

Got nothing to do with the old bill, parking matters have been decriminalised and is a matter for the Highland Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Got nothing to do with the old bill, parking matters have been decriminalised and is a matter for the Highland Council.
    Is that right, so you cannot be done by the cops for parking on a double yellow?
    W.A.T.P.

You couldn't get a Bobby out to investigate a burglary to your house within a week of the incident so it seems unlikely they are going to give it the blue lights to Bridge Street because someone had parked for more than ten minutes.

but that doesnt answer the query though
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    but that doesnt answer the query though
    If you park in a dangerous manner then the police might feel your collar, but parking issues general is now the responsibility of the local council. Many matters regarding parking are still some unclear, but parking matters has been decriminalised and have nothing to do with the police.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast