Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wetherspoons Wick to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    As I have oft repeated, you have no hard evidence to back up your claims. You don’t know what will happen to your trade in a settled situation after double yellow lines have been in place for a significant time. You are merely speculating based on your sales during short disruptive events. You can repeat your speculation as much as you like, it won’t change anything.
    So your not prepared to discuss this with me face to face then?
    Visit our shop at 20 Bridge street, Wick
    Tel/fax 01955 604655
    'like' us on Facebook - BironsIronmongersWick

Aqua
    Would you be prepared to run a business where you are liable to make a loss due to the daily upset of traffic.
    Running a business is difficult at the best of times but if you have an on going issue with traffic management and parking issues and struggling to make a profit and staff employed would you think it worth while to face the hassle and problems every day, knowing your stress levels are going to rise or will you call it a day and try to find alternative premises where no extra outside pressures exist.
    I would certainly be looking at alternative premises - not worth the hassle and pressure, doubt of income, staff - loss of interest if they know they are not in a fairly secure job due to loss of trade, the list goes on and on.
    Loss of income means loss of products, loss of customers, loss of staff, loss of business and liveliehood
    Relocation is the only option if trade has been monitored - as it has been.

Good luck to Birons in finding new premises

Quote Originally Posted by Birons View Post
    Our business model of being able to supply goods and services that no other business wanted to bother with was working fine until a decision was made to litter the town with double yellow lines in order to turn the car parks into cash cows. We bought our shop because it was both visible and accessible, when you start to mess about with a fine balance without consultation something will to topple over.
    Of course aqua has noticed how successful all the other small 'niche' shops have been along Bridge Street and High Street; all notable for their longevity. All the empty shops must just be a temporary aberration!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

There’s no point in meeting Kevin. He doesn’t listen.

And it took you six weeks to come up with that one liner, I am prepared to listen to anyone that knows and understands what they are talking about and its abundantly clear you have no actual knowledge of how the retail industry on our high streets work.

You don’t listen to me or, from what I’ve been told privately, to anyone else with more retail experience than yourself.

Good luck with running your shop, or moving it, or closing it down. Whatever... I won’t waste any more time on you.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Good luck with running your shop, or moving it, or closing it down. Whatever... I won’t waste any more time on you.
    Aqua
    Before we considered buying our shop on Bridge Street we did extensive market research to take in all needs and requirements for the town,plus position of the shop, this meant spending many hours stood on Bridge Street studying peoples shopping habits.
    At the time of making our commitment the town had a full time traffic warden that was both fair and measured and although some would argue he didn’t do a lot I can tell you his presence and ability to keep the town moving while trying to be fair and patient was second to none.
    Since he was let go because no budget for him gave the less considerate in the parish an excuse to park where they wanted and for as long as they wanted. Painting double yellow lines will not deter those people and the promised wardens from South on a regular basis have not materialised and probably never will.
    The answer is fairly simple; get another local person to work in the town or even share with Thurso and the flow of traffic will be much improved with no damage to local business.
    I have listened to many arguments for and against double yellow lines and believe me it will end badly for the town and any possible regeneration attempts.
    Last edited by Birons; 11-Aug-19 at 23:01.
    Visit our shop at 20 Bridge street, Wick
    Tel/fax 01955 604655
    'like' us on Facebook - BironsIronmongersWick

Came through Wick the other week, and how good it was to see double yellow lines up Bridge Street. Still a nightmare to negotiate due to all the parked cars paying no attention though. What is it with Weekers and parking? What on earth possesses you to park within 3 feet of the stop line at traffic lights? Bridge street being one example, Francis Street at the junction with the Thurso road being another

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12