Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Good local craft fairs/ markets

Default Good local craft fairs/ markets

Hello everyone!

I am a fashion designer with a start up making clothes for little girls.
    I've recently moved to this beautiful part of Scotland after having lived in the West coast and Edinburgh.
    I am looking for suggestions of how and where would be the best place to promote my designs within the local market.
    I also do women's wear upon request.
    Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

I don't know but good luck.

Do you do full length dresses? If so I know a little girl who would be very interested.

Just had a thought.

If you can show a science/maths side to your work (do you use geometry for example) then it might be worth talking to the folks that run Caithness science festival. It's too late to get a pitch this year but it runs every year. You wont sell anything there but a stall at the festival where girls get to use scientific/mathematic principles to design a dress could get you a lot of word of mouth.

May be worth having a word with the Gallery at John o Groats. Also understand that Wick Community Council are championing a Crafts Venue in old Woolies TOFS Building in Wick. Meeting on 30th March in Wick Assembly Rooms for those interested.
    I kent his faither

Ooops sorry, wrong meeting....i'll find out when the Crafts Venue meeting is being held...
    I kent his faither