Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Kindness of a Stranger

Default The Kindness of a Stranger

I took my dog for a walk yesterday at the Wick riverside.

Whilst coming back, just before the boating shed, I slipped on ice on the path and fell backwards pretty hard !!
    Feeling absolutely stunned I realised there was another dog walker nearby.

He came over and checked that I wasn't bleeding from the back of my head, (which took quite a blow when I fell!) picked up my hat and made sure I was OK before recommending that I get a cuppa tea once I got home.

I'm not an old age pensioner, but the sheer kindness and consideration from this man was very much appreciated as I was in a bit of shock.
    He had two dogs with him, one being, I think, a slightly older border collie and also a wee lad too.

I don't know your name, but once again your thoughtfulness and consideration was very kind.

P/S - I'm fine today, except for feeling quite achy .
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

that's very nice to hear, still some decent folk out there
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Why can we all not be like this stranger. and thanks cherokee that you mentioned it. its positive thinking that make the world better