Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the point of Labour anymore?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One of the points of Labour seems to be to criticise the budget, whatever it contains. Interesting to hear that argumentative Gary Robertson on Radio Scotland telling a Labour Minister that the budget delivers everything that Labour said it should. But that still, in Labours view, it's a bad budget.

That is what the opposition does, in case you have not noticed. Fact is, the masses of money now being poured in does not redress 10 years of Tory austerity and utter misery in towns and cities throughout the UK, especially south of the border. That needs to be said and pointed out and the SNP were saying it loud and clear yesterday as well. The most glaring deficiency is now in the NHS just at time when we need it most- thousands of vacancies and no one to fill them, beds that have been cut and a service that has been at breaking point for goodness knows how long.

Could we bring in some Chinese builders to construct a few new hospitals in super quick time?

The results of the elections for Leader and Deputy Leader of the UK Labour Party are due to be announced a week tomorrow. According to the bookies, Keir Starmer is close to a dead cert for Leader, and Angela Rayner is odds-on favourite for Deputy Leader. Is this a balanced team? I think so.

How will the change affect Richard WhoHe? Could it be the beginning of the end for him? I hope so.

As universally predicted, Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner won their respective ballots. And Jackie Baillie is deputy leader in Scotland. Does that leave Richard WhoHe out on a limb, or can he work with the new team? I’m not optimistic that he has the ability.

I wonder if the 2021 Holyrood elections will need to be postponed?
    Last edited by aqua; 10-Apr-20 at 11:45.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123