Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Two Tier Social Housing

Default Two Tier Social Housing

Pentland Housing association are now advertising their properties for 'mid market rent', with the proposed tenent needing an annual income of above £21000, this puts their properties out the reach of many needing social housing.
    I always viewed Housing associations in the same way as councils, offering homes on a point based system, but now it seems this is the begining of a two tier social housing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by barmar62 View Post
    Pentland Housing association are now advertising their properties for 'mid market rent', with the proposed tenent needing an annual income of above £21000, this puts their properties out the reach of many needing social housing.
    I always viewed Housing associations in the same way as councils, offering homes on a point based system, but now it seems this is the begining of a two tier social housing situation.
    Hi, they've been doing it for over 5 years ,they can find the money to tart up these houses but don't have the money to properly insulate their tenent stock . I've heard that they cheated the tenents out of their right to buy ,with a dodgy council deal . It's the same select few that's been running the place of years .