Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: In town

Default In town

I am showing that a William Innes and a Barbara Sinclair had a family of at least 10 children whoe's births were recorded in Thurso and in each one of the children the extract states that they were In Town. The dates in question for the births are from 1772 to 1787.
    If they were In Town then where did they come from?
    So far I was unable to find a marriage date for this William Innes and Barbara Sinclair.

Any leads gratefully accepted.

William Innes in Montreal

Thurso is a parish in Caithness. I would surmise that the reference 'In Town' most probably meant they were all born in Thurso itself, rather than in a farm, for example, in the outlying parish.

I am not surprised that the marriage of William & Barbara is eluding you, as many marriages and baptisms prior to 1800 do not appear in the OPRs. I know that from bitter experience.

John

Hi John. The information that I got came from births recorded in the IGI from FamilySearch only because the births in Caithness go as far back as late 1500's.

William