Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Voyage of the 'Iris.'

Default The Voyage of the 'Iris.'

Elsewhere on the site you can read about the story of the fishing boat, the 'Iris' which was commanded by Donald Sinclair, an ancestor of mine. Though it goes into some detail, it doesn't mention the date on which the incident happened; it only states that it took place last century, by which it means the nineteenth.

I think it must have been before 1881, when Donald was about 75, but I'd be grateful if anyone could be more specific.

This would be an interesting topic for the members of Thurso Heritage Society.....

Thanks. If you have contact details for the Thurso Heritage Society I'd be grateful.

Hello...Hinckley....You would need to join Facebook and you will find the group on there....request membership and you can post questions and photographs on there...Lots of interesting photos and plenty interaction already there....Sure you will find it enjoyable...