Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Moose

Default Moose

Bumped into a moose this morning on our cycle...
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Excellent photo. Can't help thinking about the old TV show "Northern Exposure" did you ever watch that, one of the best shows ever! I liked the Moose walking through the town duiring the credits

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Excellent photo. Can't help thinking about the old TV show "Northern Exposure" did you ever watch that, one of the best shows ever! I liked the Moose walking through the town duiring the credits
    Absolutely one of my favourites. And the story was so real. I lived in small town rural Alberta for 6 years and every scene was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Absolutely one of my favourites. And the story was so real. I lived in small town rural Alberta for 6 years and every scene was spot on.
    Problem is that they wig you big style - more people are wigged in Alaska off moose than bear every year....
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by cullbucket View Post
    Problem is that they wig you big style - more people are wigged in Alaska off moose than bear every year....
    Oh yes, moose are extremely dangerous. We always gave them a wide berth.

Your photo is magnificent. If the avatar wars heat up again this summer, could I use it as mine?

Red face

wow what an ace for photo!!!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Your pic is moost fascinating, cullbucket! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have to admit I used to like "Northern Exposure" too, and so did my Mum!
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!

Wigged? Thats a new one to me, is that like gubbed?

I think Cullbucket has one of the best avatars ever, it's the result of Fat Boab givin' Oor Wullie a doin!

Yes Jeemag - wigged is indeed the same as gubbed.
    As for the avatar, it took me 2 minutes on google images to find it - I like the tackety boots too.....
    Actually the closer I look at the moose, I see it has a kind of enigmatic mona lisa smile on its lips, but the eyes are giving it a Jocky Brouges deek of death..
    The scary thing was that we never noticed the moose as we were watching a couple of ducks off the other side of the path.
    I just looked over my shoulder and there was the moose not even 20 ft away. I snapped a quick photo before hightailing it out of there.
    Since I still had the camera in my hand I took another one of the bairn while cycling along and that one came out surprisingly well considering I was on my bike on a shoogly boardwalk.... see below....
    Last edited by cullbucket; 06-Jun-07 at 18:42.

Here is the story of a moose attack a couple of weeks ago just round the corner from our house....
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_al...-8821048c.html
    Going camping tomorrow so hope I don't get attacked by moose or bears.... Good thing about camping in Alaska in the Forest Service campsites is that everybody else will have a gun with them in case of emergency..... will go and buy some bear pepper spray and a wee bell today!!