Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Campbells of Lybster and Halkirk

Default Campbells of Lybster and Halkirk

Hoping for some help... I’m researching my grand- and great-grandparents who originate from Lybster. My great-grandfather was Hugh Campbell born 1893 in Lybster (he was a tailor) and great-grandmother Jeannie Bella Campbell (Jean) Munro born Lybster 1900. My grandmother was Catherine Sutherland Campbell born 1923 in Lybster. I know they lived in Lybster until about 1930 when they moved to Halkirk (they lived at Braal Terrace at one point). They then moved to Dundee around 1944/5.

What I am particularly interested to try to discover is exactly where they all lived between 1930 and 1945. I know my grandmother moved to Dundee in 1939 and (I think) moved back to Halkirk in 1942.

I wondered if if anyone might have access to local records - newspapers, housing lists, address lists, war registers, etc. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Equally, if you think you may be related, I have loads of family information back to the late 1700s which I can give you access to via ancestry.co.uk.
    Last edited by Michael Browning; 03-Oct-18 at 23:05.