Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: ferret owners

Default ferret owners

what and how much do you feed your ferrets. i have been told i am over feeding them. and the are far from overweight. they are in a big run and get lots of exercise in it.

feed them dry and fresh rabbits when i have them, if they look a little fat just cut them down a bit, no reall hard and fast amount just judge how they look, if thin give more and vise versa and you will soon come up with the correct amount for each ferret.

We have rather a lot of ferrets at the mo so its costing quite a bit to feed them, but we give ours dry dog food ( their poo doesnt smell quite so bad ) LOL roughly about half a cup each a day, and water . Weve just had 2 litters of 12 babies....unplanned, they were my sons and hes just left his partner so mum ( me ) ended up with them !!! NOT AMUSED !! jan x
    computer says no ........

i feed mine mostly chicks. 3-4 each a day.

Quote Originally Posted by emszxr View Post
    i feed mine mostly chicks. 3-4 each a day.
    for how many ferrets?

i have 2, a hob and a jill

id say thats about right.

what we are feeding our doesnt seam enough when you say 3-4 chicks a day but they are all plump , not fat and have a good coat. I must be doing something right to have 2 litters of 12 babies and all are growing very fast. sold them all but 2, just waiting for them to get big enough to go. A lady was here in lincs from london, she asked why i was selling them so cheep at £10 each as where she lives they are from £150 !!! jan x
    computer says no ........

Feed mine once a day on dried ferret pellets available from pet shops try to stay away from cat/dog food rabbits etc as it attracts flies ,if they are not hungry they will hide food all over,I also give them cat milk mixed with an egg couple of times a week(they love it) have three young hobs available in four weeks free to good approved homes only ,albinos.