Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sea buckthorn...and..

Default Sea buckthorn...and..

Greetings, anyone out there got sea buckthorn in their garden?? If yes could I get a cutting? Also any ideas on how to keep a cat out of very small bit of garden I want to grow veggies in. Thank you for reading my post.

I planted one small one this year and found out that I need a male and a female plant to get berry's. One male to, say 8 girls.

My little one is too small to take cutting from but thought the info useful.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMarquis View Post
    I planted one small one this year and found out that I need a male and a female plant to get berry's. One male to, say 8 girls.

My little one is too small to take cutting from but thought the info useful.
    I planted three small plants about six or seven years ago, and one of them has produced berries for the first time this year. Maybe I was just lucky.

Moureen - pm me if you want to come for cuttings.

Thank you both for replying. Anji have pm you and Steve good luck with your ...lads and lassies!!!!

Ooh, can I have a couple of cuttings (one of each) please? I might then find out what my youngster is!

Steve, I think it's impossible to tell male from female until the small flowers followed by berries appear on the female plants. You are welcome to cuttings but it will be years before they produce berries. pm me for directions.

Sorry Anji, I can't seem to be able to pm you from my phone
    Can you drop me an email? Steve@Marquis.uk.eu.org