Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New electric Cookers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New electric Cookers

Is there anyone in Caithness selling new Electric Cookers.

I would very much doubt it. I understand from the local food bank that any food donations are expected to be "cooking free" on the grounds that the recipients cannot be expected to work a cooker.

So it looks like we have reached the "post cooking" phase of life of earth.

As a result, I cannot imagine there being any market for cookers in Caithness.

In the Co-op in Thurso they are selling some white goods. I know they have a Fridge Freezer for sale so they might just have a Cooker as well. If you want to buy online go to www.AO.com where they have cookers at all prices and deliver FREE the next day, YES the Next Day even up here in Caithness. We bought a Washing Machine from them, we ordered on the Sunday and we had it delivered on the Monday Lunch time.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

How recently was that, Kodiak? AO.com now charge £10 for next day delivery, and 'may not deliver to remote areas of Scotland' according to their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    How recently was that, Kodiak? AO.com now charge £10 for next day delivery, and 'may not deliver to remote areas of Scotland' according to their web site.
    I've seen that statement on their website right enough but Caithness isn't considered by them to be a 'remote area'. I've had a lot of stuff from them, as have others I know around the county. Don't know about the next day delivery charge but with free delivery the stuff normally arrives in 2 or 3 days.

Don’t be dabbling with the gas cookers though.