Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: John o' Groats

Default John o' Groats

We decided to take a run up to Groats today, just to get out of the house for a while. There were five shops open, but with hardly any customers. The Northern Emporium and the Christmas Shop https://www.facebook.com/40624797277...7353374334968/ both had lots of things suitable as Christmas presents or stocking fillers. The Christmas shop has cards, presents, decorations, etc, all at much the same price as some of shops in Wick and Thurso which would have been heaving today. I bet one large supermarket in particular would have been packed. Let's support our local shops when we can.

I agree that we should shop local and I do. I live in Thurso and I shop in Thurso, that is what I call Local Shopping. Personally I do not think if I drove through to John O'Groats, 22 Miles away, would be quite as Local.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I don't know where you got the impression Wick was "heaving" yesterday, it was just the same as any other day in town.