Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: This Disgusting, Blocking New Law in Commons.

Default This Disgusting, Blocking New Law in Commons.

An attempt to make upskirting a specific criminal offence in England and Wales has been blocked by one Conservative MP. The government had given its support to introducing the new law earlier.

But Sir Christopher Chope shouted "object" to the bill, leading to cries of "shame" from other MPs. The campaign for the law against upskirting - where photos are secretly taken under a skirt - was started by victim Gina Martin.

Liberal Democrat MP Wera Hobshouse, who brought the private member's bill to Parliament, has criticised the "out-of-touch Tory" for "sabotaging" it.
    Ms Hobshouse's bill would have made upskirting a criminal offence in line with other voyeurism offences - meaning offenders could face a maximum of two years in prison.

It was expected to pass after justice minister Lucy Frazer confirmed the government would back it.

But Parliament rules mean it only requires one MP to shout "object" to block a bill's progress.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Up skirting is already illegal in Scotland.
    Maybe this is an important point to make as we live in Scotland?

On the face of it, this does seem disgusting. However when you read the full story, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44496427 You realise this MP is a senior lawyer, who will always, and has always, blocked private members bills that involve criminalizing anyone. By blocking the bill, it forces the government to give it debating time in the house of commons so all MP's can have a say. Any SNP supporters on here should be pleased at the tactic as it's very similar to the SNP walking out over not getting debating time.

The government will make sure this bill is passed I hope as it truly is astonishing that it isn't an offence in it's own right.

It’s gonna be an up-skirting free-for-all, all around Lidl’s!

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    It’s gonna be an up-skirting free-for-all, all around Lidl’s!
    You've just put me right off my cornflakes! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lidl.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	33754

Whats more outrageous is the frequent referenced in the media to "upskirting" being the act of taking a picture up a womens skirt. Its despicable that in those media references, the same does not seem apply to any pictures taken up a blokes kilt, or for that make a blokes skirt, and anyone from the LBGTQZPXRAYZ$K community. Outrageous discrimination.

You are soooo right! ... never even crossed my mind. Carry on up the Khyber revisited!

A woman has made an unusual protest outside the M.P.'s house:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-vote.html#

Quote Originally Posted by ecb View Post
    A woman has made an unusual protest outside the M.P.'s house:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-vote.html#
    Good job it wasn't Bridget Jones protesting, his door wasn't big enough...…..ps That film (Bridget Jones Diary) was on last night, it's all about laughing at her being filmed 'up her skirt' as is the 2nd film in the series.

As usual, the MP was pilloried in the press, the same press that for years has published pics of female celebrities exiting cars showing knickers when wearing short skirts or dresses. Bloody hypocrites, they need to be censored too. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to women to have a decent length.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I prefer to women to have a decent length.
    Oooowwww Vicar!!!

I know this is a serious thread, but that was too good to miss

Another "double entendre", to add to the one from the other day in the following post:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...sh-in-hand-job

Perhaps using this talent a film script could be written for a film titled "Carry on Caithness"!

Frankie Boyle passed comment on this during his New World Order show. It could never be repeated here but it was straight to the point.