Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thank Goodness for Netflix

Default Thank Goodness for Netflix

TV for the next month will be Terrible, Nothing but Football, Football & Football. This afternoon it is Morocco V Iran, Sheesh who cares who wins out of them? All the Programmes that I like have been removed all for the sake of a Game of Football. Thank Goodness for netflix so now I can watch my TV without having to suffer the world cup. Yaaaa!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

But this evening we got to watch the genius of Christiano Ronaldo, possibly the best there has ever been

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    But this evening we got to watch the genius of Christiano Ronaldo, possibly the best there has ever been
    Is he an opera singer?, I missed that.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

WHO, never heard of him and by the sounds of what you say I never will want to. All our favourite Programmes removed for a bunch of overpaid bigheads, completely bonkers.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Of course you know him - He's the pizza chef at DeVitas in Wick.

Then there is the minnows of Iceland holding the mighty Argentina and Messi to a draw this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Of course you know him - He's the pizza chef at DeVitas in Wick.
    I knew his name sounded familiar.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I was sick of the whole thing a month ago so will not be watching any of it.

Harry Kane comes up trumps for England

So we have seen most of the usual suspects knocked out, Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, Germany etc
    Left are France, Belgium, England and Croatia
    Our friends and neighbors South of Hadrians wall have an excellent chance of bringing the World Cup back home, never have they had a better chance.
    Their semi final opponents didnt look the best at the weekend, had to endure extra time and penalties, they looked dead on their feet at the end of that match.
    France or Belgium will be no pushovers but I fully expect England to be a finalist and hopefully that can bring the trophy back with them.
    If nothing else it will stop them bleating on about 1966.
    W.A.T.P.

Cool

'66 is getting a bit old now... If they win this one they will bleat about '18 providing a fresh new source of resentment towards the English, bringing Independence that little bit closer...

Come On England!!!
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

why should England winning the world cup bring independence closer

I don’t see any relevance between England’s achievements in international football and Scottish independence to be honest.
    And if they do bring it back then they have earned the right to brag about it, it’s no mean feat and there was little expectation on this team.
    I’ve heard arguments that they have had an “easy run” at it, but if we switched Scotland into England’s World Cup group we would have been punted out with maybe a point at best.
    The facts are that the England team is vastly superior to Scotland’s we shouldn’t be resentful of that any more than we would be of the Belgian, French or Icelandic sides, we should look at what they do and aim to replicate it
    Last edited by mi16; 10-Jul-18 at 07:40.

I am a life long Scottish fan and was at Hamden park with over 120,000 when Scotland beat them 2 1, but I also like to see England do well in the world cup, my chip fell of my shoulder a long time ago

England's successes do not put me up nor down, any anti English football coming from Scotland is nothing but envy, which is understandable also I suppose, we used to be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the best in the world but we cannot anymore.
    It seems a bit weird that many Scottish football fans will watch, enjoy and in many cases support EPL football cheering on their favourites in their European exploits etc, yet when the same English players play for their national team they are despised.
    We can still beat them at curling any day of the week though, so get that right up em.
    W.A.T.P.

Only to be replaced by them winning it in 2018 & 1966. a double "rub our noses in it"...

they will have earned it though
    W.A.T.P.

And so we have our first finalist in France, they have the advantage of an extra days rest before the final and some absolute class in the side, IMO I think they will be taking it back to Paris with them.
    W.A.T.P.

why are you paying for Netflix...mobdro is free
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

So it seems its not coming home just yet after all, shame!
    The line up for the final is France V Croatia, fancy France for this.
    England have to hang about until Sat to play the 3rd place play off match which Belgium will most likely win.
    W.A.T.P.