Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: SNP tantrums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SNP tantrums

To any readers from south of the border, over the Welsh one or over the water in Northern Ireland.

We up here in Scotland are really embarrassed by the childish behaviour of some of our MP's in Westminster today. As a Scot, albeit a fairly Vikingish one, all I can say is sorry on behalf of some of my fellow country people for their completely gormless behaviour. Only 36.9% of the votes cast, and 24.4% of eligible electorate wanted this useless bunch in the 2017 general election, so its far from representational of us up here. Please don't think we are all as childish as this gang.

I thought that when "Fat Angus" lost his seat, that we could portray a better image in the House of Commons. Alas, we now have "Fat Ian" who as well as trying to follow in Angus's footsteps in terms of shirt collar size, is also trying to keep up the image that all us Scots have no manners or ability to follow protocols.

Please don't think we are all like that. Its quite nice up hear. Really

you will see when scotland gets nothing due to what westminster is doing !!!!

Scotland has already shown its not able to run the country better than Westminster. Of all the powers that Holyrood have been given, they have largely failed to make use of them to make a difference. As an experiment, devolution was interesting, but not worth it. Look at Northern Ireland, unable to even form a devolved government for 18 months.

For Scotland, just another tier of bureaucracy. If we can get rid of that tier, and the one above Westminster in Brussels, we'll do an awful lot better.

The Westminster Jack boot brigade are alive and well . What's next saltire flag burning and a cattle cart train ride for a shower and a new beginning .

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    The Westminster Jack boot brigade are alive and well . What's next saltire flag burning and a cattle cart train ride for a shower and a new beginning .
    I’m declaring Godwin’s!

Radio 4 are running a programme about what would happen to the UK if civil war broke out. ……… Let's all be friends.....it's safer and easier. Doesn't the SNP support a re-uniting of Ireland, yet want to split the UK up? Or is that just pub gossip?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...dio4_sm_mid_c3

We are already taxed heavier than the rest of the UK and for what?
    Potholes roads, broken policing etc

Shetland fancy a breakaway also, more so under an independent Scotland scenario
    Last edited by mi16; 23-Jun-18 at 14:21.

I think we have the beginnings of a parliament.
    Who fancies the minister for education and minister of defence roles?
    We will need to build a robust defence in order to keep out the sticky fingered invernesians who will be jealous of our riches

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I think we have the beginnings of a parliament.
    Who fancies the minister for education and minister of defence roles?
    We will need to build a robust defence in order to keep out the sticky fingered invernesians who will be jealous of our riches
    Ooo Ooo Bagsy Minister of Defence

I have a few ideas for slurry firing guns at key road crossings.
    Arm all those ex-fishermen to protect our harbours. (Wouldn't want any dastardly pirates nicking our cruise ships now.)
    The way planes low fly over our farms someone could easily hit "foreign aircraft" with a well aimed hunting rifle. Isn't there a gunsmith outside Mey? Plenty of hunters these parts too, we could offer free citizenship (and therefore hunting rights in season) to any visitor willing to do a tour of anti-aircraft duty.

If worst comes to worst and we could always use the quarry trucks to block the mountain pass, hijack and set fire to all those landfill trucks on route to Seater.