Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNP tantrums

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie747 View Post
    Just over 1% less than the 10.6% lead that No had in the last official Referendum. As I think they use a 3% margin of error in those polls, then as far as I can see, things have not changed since the 2014 Referendum.
    Something seems to have gone wrong with your computer or "Reply with Quote" link. It seems to have magically turned "Neverendum" into "Referendum" - Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    If the SNP want us all to be 'equal', how about making the unemployed get up at 5am (like a lot of us) and forcing them to carry out community work projects for a minimum of 8 solid hours a day? in exchange for any of my hard earned tax money.
    Good grief, the snowflakes could never cope with that. Why on earth would they want to get up before midday, and have their afternoon on the couch watching the recording of that morning's Jeremy Kyle Show interrupted by having to go out and do something useful, when they can just sit back and wait for the benefit money to come in.

Social engineering has created the welfare monster that exists today. National Minimum Wage, or that other farce, National Living Wage, has created an environment where there is no desire to carry out what some folk would term "menial" work. National Living Wage now means that the lowest paid of jobs has to be a good job. Where prior to having wages hoiked up, employers may have had in the past, some lower paid jobs. Now those jobs don't exist.

In years gone by, folk had to take up whatever job they could get to keep a roof over their head. Now they don't need to bother. Just report to your local council and a roof will be provided for you.

Over this side o e watter, the place is starting to look abandoned. The council say they cannot afford to cut the grass in public spaces more than once this year. Dochans are already between knee and waist high all around Kirkwall. Meanwhile, we can afford to keep loads of folk in leisure. The latter could be dealing with the former, but why would they want to when they don't have to?

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    That's called a job, which is what most unemployed people want, as long as it pays a realistic wage for the job done. Would you be happy working for 40 hours per week for £57.90?
    I am happy to work for nothing. I have done a fair bit of voluntary work.

The mistake is looking at it as 'work'. Consider it putting something back into the community. The less someone does, the less they want to do. I would not expect any paying jobs to be lost. There are plenty of charities that could do with the pool of labour that would be created. Even getting the claimants to litter pick beaches would make a massive difference to the area and that has to be better than sitting in watching soul destroying daytime tv.

I can't believe there are any 'true' unemployed in Caithness. The amount of care work that I see posted on this site should take care of all the unemployment, along with the 100+ home working jobs being advertised.

But, alas, there are a few dishonest 'jobseekers' who have no intention of ever getting a job, these people are the ones we remember and then all jobseekers get tarred with that same brush.

Wick job centre contacted me a few years ago about giving some long term unemployed four weeks work experience. Over the course of six weeks eight young men turned up. On average, they lasted a day. They had never done manual work since leaving school. 'I've got blisters' 'I've got a headache' 'My kids are sick' 'My grans had a fall' 'I've got a bad back'. The list of excuses was endless. Speaking to the contact at the job centre was enlightening. He/she felt if it wasn't for welfare Wick's economy would collapse. Most claimants 'aspire' to getting DLA (now PIP) they 'develop' problems, usually unable to cope with stress which makes it hard for them to leave the house.....lo and behold, another £145 per WEEK on top of the £58 Alrock states, and don't forget all the help with council tax and rent.

So I stick by my claim that there is a hard core of 'unemployed' who have no intention of ever getting a job all the time the govt make it too easy to have a comfortable life on benefits. As for the SNP claiming when the get control of PIP they will make it even easier to claim (no visit from an assessor, just fill in a form). I will be expecting the economy of Wick to boom.

It's great that after 3 hundred years Scotland is still a country of occupation ,gets more like that old picture " None shall escape". Time has come for a change and for those who want no choice there's other countries more suited to their way of thinking and let those who want freedom to choose do so Unhindered .

I believe that we did choose in 2014 dozy?
    Thats only 4 years ago that we had the choice and made our decision.
    W.A.T.P.

Your Wrong Westminster did the choosing, then told you the result just like Brexit . Only a fool would beleive that the whole thing was not done by the rich for the rich.

Dozy. You have already admitted your family were incomers once upon a time. If you don't like Scotland as she is now, why don't you up sticks and return to your 'homeland'. Scotland voted and the answer was 'no'. England had no part to play in the vote. You see conspiracy everywhere.

Do you still believe that only pure bred Scots should vote in any future referendums (you failed to answer that question last time I asked, just trying to find out how racist you really are).

If the Brexit vote had used your 'born & bred' principle then the result to leave the EU would have been even higher as I doubt many of the foreign nationals living in the UK voted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    It's great that after 3 hundred years Scotland is still a country of occupation ,gets more like that old picture " None shall escape". Time has come for a change and for those who want no choice there's other countries more suited to their way of thinking and let those who want freedom to choose do so Unhindered .
    That sounds remarkably like you are advocating ethnic cleansing

That sounds remarkably like you are advocating ethnic cleansing
    Throw out everybody who voted the wrong way.

It’s democracy in action.

If it works for the Tories .

Your Wrong Westminster did the choosing, then told you the result just like Brexit . Only a fool would beleive that the whole thing was not done by the rich for the rich.
    Im not so sure you are correct on these points of view fella, but each to their own.
    W.A.T.P.

Your Wrong Westminster did the choosing, then told you the result just like Brexit .
    If I recall rightly, in the run up to the EU referendum, the Westminster government spent millions sending out a booklet entitled

"Why the Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK."

https://assets.publishing.service.go...for-the-uk.pdf

So not only did we have official Remain campaign telling us to vote to stay, we had the government doing the same. But just 1 leave campaign. So aside from having plenty of information from very authoritive sources, Westminster didn't "do the choosing, and then just tell us". I think they were quite shocked that despite 2 Remain campaigns, we still voted to leave.

So I stick by my claim that there is a hard core of 'unemployed' who have no intention of ever getting a job all the time the govt make it too easy to have a comfortable life on benefits. As for the SNP claiming when the get control of PIP they will make it even easier to claim (no visit from an assessor, just fill in a form). I will be expecting the economy of Wick to boom.
    Yup, your post nails it in one. Exactly the same over here.

Another cringeworthy week in Scottish politics comes to an end. Again, our SNP minority government is an embarrassment to us, as they again try to stamp their feet, throw a tantrum and get their (blinkered) way.

Its little wonder that there is increasing sentiments here in Orkney to investigate splitting from Scotland. There was a public meeting to that effect here the other week - Didn't get to it, but heard about it in the grapevine. Not sure if the vision is to split from Scotland AND the UK and go back to Denmark, or simply split from Scotland and rejoin the rest of the UK. But the way these muppets are trying to drag us all down, I can see the benefits of getting out of it.

Shetland fancy a breakaway also, more so under an independent Scotland scenario
    Last edited by mi16; 23-Jun-18 at 14:21.

Wonder if Caithness could also make the break under an independent Scotland?
    After all, we are the Saudi Arabia of renewables, we could then commission a new nuclear power station and become an energy powerhouse with plentiful work for all.
    MI16 for president, who’s with me?

If they asked nicely and I mean very nicely we could maybe take Sutherland along with us, for the Northern section of NC500 revenue.
    #makecaithnessandsutherlandgreatagain
    Last edited by mi16; 23-Jun-18 at 14:32.

I daresay it could as doubt any would notice or care that it was gone, given that it is pretty much ignored just now!

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Wonder if Caithness could also make the break under an independent Scotland?
    After all, we are the Saudi Arabia of renewables, we could then commission a new nuclear power station and become an energy powerhouse with plentiful work for all.
    MI16 for president, who’s with me?

If they asked nicely and I mean very nicely we could maybe take Sutherland along with us, for the Northern section of NC500 revenue.
    #makecaithnessandsutherlandgreatagain
    If you become president, could I ask that you make me Minister for Social Security and Minister for Agriculture too. I think my views on both subjects are well documented on here!

My first job would be to ask (nicely) all the unemployed to report to a field nearby and start pulling rashes, then we could start getting quality grass growing to feed all the cattle we are going to rear (Texas of the North), thus reducing the price of meat so we can all eat a healthy wholesome diet!

I think your first job would need to be something other than asking them nicely to report to a field. Methinks you will find an empty field.

I think we have the beginnings of a parliament.
    Who fancies the minister for education and minister of defence roles?
    We will need to build a robust defence in order to keep out the sticky fingered invernesians who will be jealous of our riches

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast