Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thurso Hotels

Default Thurso Hotels

Is the Royal Hotel closed for Christmas, or rumour about its gone into receivership ? With all the objections about the new Hotel and the competition for the Hotels, you would think they would put on some entertainment for family's and folk over the Christmas and New Year period, instead of closing, other than a pool match.

Ive heard its closing until april, that the staff have to re-apply for there job as they are teying to get rid of some dead wood?

You know this Town for stories though. I do think however they have picked the time they are closing well, from mid october its like someone flicks a switch and the tourist business disappears.

How premier inn think they are going to fill 81 rooms in beyond me, i work in the industry and see the detramental effect on the hotels, guest houses and b&b's the majority close down or run a room or two.

People who are not relying on this industry for there income do not understand the cut throat business it is? Have they priced the rooms in the area have they priced a premier inn they are not cheap.

someone said maybe the local places will try harder to gain business and invest back in to the place, if they are losing business how are they going to afford to put more in to the business than they alredy do. The public and councilors need to speak people in the insustry. It will be devistation for the town not a good thing watch this space!!!!!!
    Live life while you have it, after is too late!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Ive heard its closing until april, that the staff have to re-apply for there job as they are teying to get rid of some dead wood?

You know this Town for stories though. I do think however they have picked the time they are closing well, from mid october its like someone flicks a switch and the tourist business disappears.

How premier inn think they are going to fill 81 rooms in beyond me, i work in the industry and see the detramental effect on the hotels, guest houses and b&b's the majority close down or run a room or two.

People who are not relying on this industry for there income do not understand the cut throat business it is? Have they priced the rooms in the area have they priced a premier inn they are not cheap.

someone said maybe the local places will try harder to gain business and invest back in to the place, if they are losing business how are they going to afford to put more in to the business than they alredy do. The public and councilors need to speak people in the insustry. It will be devistation for the town not a good thing watch this space!!!!!!
    I heard the Premier Inn is to accommodate workers and the like visiting the new launch pad site, when the far North joins the space race (only 6 decades late)!