Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Stolen Scotland flag

Default Stolen Scotland flag

Was anyone in the Reay area last night 5/6/18 between 7pm and 7am this morning and saw my Scotland flag being stolen?
    This will be reported to police.

I heard a couple of flags were nicked in Golspie on Sunday/Monday from the war memorial, perhaps someone's going around collecting...

Yes I'm grumpy over my one but stealing from a War Memorial is beyond words.

Have ’e polis found ’e flaggie?

Maybe it blew away?

Why would someone steal a saltire if only to burn it?
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

A disgruntled unionist maybe,

Or maybe one of the dwindling number of yeSNP supporters who wanted to make a pair of underpants out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Westward View Post
    A disgruntled unionist maybe,
    I don't think there are many of them around at the moment. SNP are keeping them very happy every time one of them opens their mouth!

Good to see theft is such a hilarious subject and the Saltire is the flag of Scotland not any political party but carry on children.

Unfortunately, the SNP do not seem to have heard this, and have assumed its their flag.

I would doubt that the new(ish), SNP government founded Police Scotland would be too interested in the heinous crime of the disappearance of a £10 flag. They don't even bother turning out to reports of folk lying dying at the side of the M9. . And as for the SNP themselves, well, they are much too busy throwing tantrums in Westminster to have time to sort the country out.

Police were out within 2 hours for theft of £20 flag. Take it you think if value is low theft is ok? SNP haven't claimed flag others have given it away !!

I don't think any value of theft is OK. But the way that this country is going (and its as bad in Scotland as it is in the rest of the UK), theft is becoming a "negligable crime", where you are lucky if you get a crime number to give to your insurers.

But its good to hear that the crime rate in Reay is low enough that the local plod are still able to investigate the Mystery of the Missing Flag.