Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wild times chez Cray

Default Wild times chez Cray

The plan was to go out for dinner followed by a show and a party backstage with the stars afterwards. Instead I’m home alone on the sofa with a Chinese takeaway, a glass of Chile’s best and two dogs looking after me. Bliss. My youngest has gone in my place. Does anybody be have a shotgun I can borrow to sort out the scorrie squawking down the chimney?

Just lay the fire and put some best Flow Country peat on it to smoke it out. Causes less drama.

The scorrie flew off when the dogs started barking. This was before I thought of turning on the fire.

Doesnt sound a very blissful evening on the sofa. Barking dogs, squawking guanohawks, sending out a call for a shotgun and just the one glass of wine.

It was peaceful after the scorrie’s departure. My wineglass replenished itself several times.

Apparently I missed buckets of prosecco backstage followed by a trip to the pub.

Pretty A list stars then?

In their dreams. Don’t tell them I said that!

It’s hot in the garden chez Cray tonight. It’s well past the witching hour. Is this climate change?

You are just missing the Caithness breeze / fog!

Haar haar. I don’t miss that.

Oh the scorries in Shetland were vicious. I used to carry a big stick to make it safely to and from the car. And don't get me started on what they did to the rubbish bags. Still I miss all things in the north of Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    It’s hot in the garden chez Cray tonight. It’s well past the witching hour. Is this climate change?
    Nah, just the fine white wine keeping your blood from clotting. By 00:41, it seems to be well thin!

Scorrie pie with fine white wine is a witch’s delicacy. Especially Shetland scorrie barbecued on a big stick.

And washed down with some of this home brew....;

Of course, the image above is how I always imagine Crayola to look.

Edit: To clear up any confusion, that does not imply that Crayola looks like the can - Short, stubby and with a crimped bottom - But more akin to the silhouette on the broomstick.