Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is the Org so boring now?

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    No, but I like your thinking. So much so, that its got me thinking that the rear wiper motor off a car that does a 180 degree sweep will take in more MHz than the front wiper motor that sweeps little more than 90 degrees.
    Woollen tights should work best for gearing ratios. Especially ribbed ones.

Ooooh, ribbed wooly tights. Now theres a vision......

I remember cold winter mornings on the odd occasion I went to school. Ribbed woollen tights were fashion torture to a teenager but they stopped my legs turning bright red.

Surely couldn't be any worse fashion torture than donning a long black costume/dress/habit/frock (what is the technical term for a witches attire?) and a pointy hat?

Indeedy. That’s one of the reasons for not conforming.

Our attire has more in common with an episode of Loose Women.

Ah, so not the stereotypical green and black striped leggings then?

Not unless we meet at Celtic Park.

Would be green, grey and pish stained in that case

Are you doubting Crayola's continence?

Ha ha probably sour grapes after today.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Not enough sisters.
    Yup Crayola, I think you might be right and that the Old Pulteney is safe, as the deadness of this place seems to be beyond recovery. I've looked a lot of times over the last few weeks at the number of folk viewing the forum. The unregistered users runs to hundreds - Most are probably spam bots. But there can be a dozen or 2 logged in users. When you look at when they last posted, it was years ago.

Over this side o' 'e watter, there are quite a few organisations struggling with community engagement - Stromness Shopping Week being one example. Plenty folk who will attend the events, but no-one who wants to get involved in the organising of them. Still going ahead this year, but with dire warnings for the future if more do not step up to the plate. This place is the same - Plenty of "followers", but very few that seem willing to pitch anything in.

I fear the earlier prophecies are accurate. The place is doomed to a lingering death, punctuated only by folk logging in to see if there is any new "craic", only to log out again when they find there isn't.

Its starting to look like a weekend of sorcery apprenticeship at a remote, derelict Caithness hunting lodge might be more fun after all!

Frankly it is Crayola and Orcadian that are keeping the place going. You could start your own site ... Moderation ... or lack of it has killed things stone dead.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

aye its a shame, I don't come on very often anymore as its the same slagging of the same subjects, the site needs a re-vamp, not sure how I could be done but it needs doing,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Ha ha probably sour grapes after today.
    nah Im no fan of Motherwell
    W.A.T.P.

Not so boring in the 'Politics' section. Dozy is livening it up with a few random comments :-)

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Yup Crayola, I think you might be right and that the Old Pulteney is safe, as the deadness of this place seems to be beyond recovery. I've looked a lot of times over the last few weeks at the number of folk viewing the forum. The unregistered users runs to hundreds - Most are probably spam bots. But there can be a dozen or 2 logged in users. When you look at when they last posted, it was years ago.

Over this side o' 'e watter, there are quite a few organisations struggling with community engagement - Stromness Shopping Week being one example. Plenty folk who will attend the events, but no-one who wants to get involved in the organising of them. Still going ahead this year, but with dire warnings for the future if more do not step up to the plate. This place is the same - Plenty of "followers", but very few that seem willing to pitch anything in.

I fear the earlier prophecies are accurate. The place is doomed to a lingering death, punctuated only by folk logging in to see if there is any new "craic", only to log out again when they find there isn't.

Its starting to look like a weekend of sorcery apprenticeship at a remote, derelict Caithness hunting lodge might be more fun after all!
    Aye it’s deid. But necromancy is still alive.

Isn't necromancy the art of communicating with the dead ('e orgers) to divine the future (the total death of 'e org due to lack of use)?

Aye, ’tis.

Thank goodness it was necromancy. My mum read it as 'necrophilia'.

Urrgghh your mum has a very naughty mind!
    Last edited by crayola; 09-Jun-18 at 00:16.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast