Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Why is the Org so boring now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yaaawn aye that was a long sleep
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

The Org has been boring for about four years:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...226509-Rubbish

That’s a long time.

Did it become boring because Orkneycadian stopped posting and no other reason?

Since he is back, why not others? Spread the word!

Like so many other things , a certain group move in and the locals move out . Happens all to often .

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Did it become boring because Orkneycadian stopped posting and no other reason?
    Nowt to do with me! Over censorship 4 years ago drove a lot of folk away. I only came back when some bribed me with the offer of some Old Pulteney in 'e Camps if I livened the place up a bit. So far, thats been a bigger challenge than expected.

I know the story. Well some of it.

I hope whoever bribed you in ’e Camps has joined arms in trying to liven up the place.

I think we are on a hiding to nothing here Crayola. Seems to be past livening up. Looks like I won't be getting that Old Pulteney after all.

This isn’t the first time I’ve tried.

There are always plenty folkies reading the General forum mind. Who would have thought once proud outspoken Caithnessians would one day turn into en-masse passive consumers of the collective wit and wisdom of a witch and an Orkneycadian?

Its not all lost - I have resisted the urge to post on the thread "Where is a good place to pick wilks (sic)" with the obvious answer of "the beach". Now someone has sprung out of the woodwork and posted something altogether more comprehensive. Not all you Caithnessians have lost the use of the "Reply to thread" button. Yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Over censorship 4 years ago drove a lot of folk away.
    And probably still is to this day - Theres a thread in the Recommendations section titled "Ghosts and paranormal" - In that, several posters describe a SB7 "spirit box". For the uninitiated, this is simply a bog standard AM/FM radio, but when you hit the search button, instead of stopping on a station it finds, it zips past it. Just like spinning the dial on an analogue radio. The result is chopped up bits of broadcast radio sounds. Rather than pay £10 in Tesco for a radio that stops properly on the stations, you can spend £70 online to buy a similar radio that zips past the stations. As a "ghosthunter" its then up to you to try and associate the sounds you hear, with what you want to hear.

Now, these spirits are very amenable it seems. Despite being able to do what they want, it seems that they choose to limit their communications with us to FM in the range 76 to 108 MHz and AM from 522 to 1710 kHz, which is very conveniently the same as standard broadcasting. OK, 76 is a bit lower, but matches a lot of the radio chips coming out of China that find their way into low cost walki talkies...

The spooks even know to use FM on the 76 to 108 MHz band, and AM on the 522 to 1710 kHz band!

So, that aside, my suggestions on this in the thread in the Recommendations section do not appear to have made it past the site moderator. Meanwhile, more poor technophobes could end up spending 7 times more cash on a radio that doesn't work properly, i.e. in search/seek mode, it doesn't stop on the stations it finds. Meanwhile, you are led to believe that any sounds you hear are not snippets of broadcast transmissions, but ghosties from the other side speaking to you. You couldn't make it up.....

So - Since recommendations are censored in the recommendations section, my recommendation is to save £60 and buy your radio from Tesco. It'll work a lot better and you'll be able to hear Caithness FM in its entirety - Not just a snippet of sound every 30 seconds.

Maybe some of those banned because of political bias 4 years ago could be persuaded to return if they were asked nicely?

Now, these spirits are very amenable it seems. Despite being able to do what they want, it seems that they choose to limit their communications with us to FM in the range 76 to 108 MHz and AM from 522 to 1710 kHz, which is very conveniently the same as standard broadcasting. ..... buy your radio from Tesco. It'll work a lot better and you'll be able to hear Caithness FM in its entirety - Not just a snippet of sound every 30 seconds.
    Ghosties were once people who had radios and knew the bands used in broadcasting. Why would they waste their time using frequencies which no-one could hear? They micht be deid but they're no glaikit. And why would anyone want to listen to Caithness FM in its entirety? You're making no sense man.
    Last edited by wavy davy; 11-May-18 at 23:59.

If the departed were as savvy at broadcasting as suggested, then they might keep their words on one frequency. Make themselves a lot easier to be heard.

And listening to Caithness FM? The closest you can get to a near death experience, whilst still maintaining a pulse. Just.

Anyway, the point, censorship is still alive and kicking on 'e org. About the only thing that still is!

If the departed were as savvy at broadcasting as suggested, then they might keep their words on one frequency. Make themselves a lot easier to be heard.
    Then only one of them could speak at a time. If they all tried on, say, 102.5 FM, all you would hear would be a garbled cacophony. Hmm, you might have a point.