Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Doctors

Default Doctors

If anyone reading this is suffering one of those chesty coughs and weekness in the body, you will know how bad it is, after my wife attempted to get an appointment at the Doctors in Prince street thurso on the 16.4.18.Monday, she was told the earliest appointment would be the 30 4 18 Friday, that is two weeks away, now by this time you are either dead with pnumonia or the symtems have cleared up....Why are there delays like this, is it because the Doctors are on holidays, or no locums want to come to this god forsaken hell hole, or as already mentioned in the news about it being the most unhealthy place to live in Scotland, It is pathetic, that ill people are expected to sort them selves out by god knows any ways they can, I would only hope that a Doctor is coughing and spluttering all day long without getting any help at all and see how they like it, this place really is the pits.

I have the coughing and spluttering cold with all the other nasty symptoms which a trip to the chemist has helped. Not cured but helped. There is nothing a Doctor can do unless it turns into a chest infection. If your need is urgent then phone the NHS 24 or tell the Doctors secretary that it is urgent. Hope your wife is better soon.

ditto, hope your wife is feeling better soon.

if you google 'average waiting time to see a GP', it looks like things aren't much better anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by JANJO View Post
    If anyone reading this is suffering one of those chesty coughs and weekness in the body, you will know how bad it is, after my wife attempted to get an appointment at the Doctors in Prince street thurso on the 16.4.18.Monday, she was told the earliest appointment would be the 30 4 18 Friday, that is two weeks away, now by this time you are either dead with pnumonia or the symtems have cleared up....Why are there delays like this, is it because the Doctors are on holidays, or no locums want to come to this god forsaken hell hole, or as already mentioned in the news about it being the most unhealthy place to live in Scotland, It is pathetic, that ill people are expected to sort them selves out by god knows any ways they can, I would only hope that a Doctor is coughing and spluttering all day long without getting any help at all and see how they like it, this place really is the pits.
    A simple solution to a pathetic doctors service and living in a godforsaken hellhole that is the pits, is to sell up and move South. Whinging on here will only serve to bring the trolls out.

Quote Originally Posted by rich62_uk View Post
    I have the coughing and spluttering cold with all the other nasty symptoms which a trip to the chemist has helped. Not cured but helped. There is nothing a Doctor can do unless it turns into a chest infection. If your need is urgent then phone the NHS 24 or tell the Doctors secretary that it is urgent. Hope your wife is better soon.
    cheers buddy, actually went to Wick hospital and that was a total waist of time with nothing offered or given,,,useless

[QUOTE=Shaggy;1176183]A simple solution to a pathetic doctors service and living in a godforsaken hellhole that is the pits, is to sell up and move South. Whinging on here will only serve to bring the trolls out.[/QUOT.......that is definately on our list