Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrock exchange broadband

Quote Originally Posted by johndh View Post
    Off Topic

dx100uk, do you or anyone else, have any experience of mimo antenna. I have a Nighthawk M1 router and get 4G+ with one or two signal bars. Could do with a little lift, and I also want to use the router when out and about in the caravan.

Follow up from my post earlier. I've jumped in with both feet, put a cease on my BT line and gone fully mobile. I'm very happy so far.

Attachment 33528

Thanks folks ;-)
    yes ive setup these before
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l225.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	33532  
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    About six miles from the exchange dx100uk and the line is underground. As to what the problems are with our line depends on who is telling us, the most often told problem (6 out of about 14 ) is that it is over half a mile long and made up of a mixture if cables - copper and aluminium - plus the fact that there is only us. See what i mean
    so you'll be treated as direct from the exchange (i'e..Exchange Only).

you should see a very marked uptick when It gets done.
    you being that far away i'd still expect +4mb atleast
    Last edited by dx100uk; 04-Apr-18 at 01:19.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

We are also on Cabinet 2 and been told to expect (possible) access to fibre by May. Does anyone know if that is a new cabinet that has been built inside the area where the council houses are in the middle of the village (Mey) or has that nothing to do with telecoms? Openreach told me that Cabinet 2 was at the end of the Scarfskerry road just before coming into the village. Is that correct? We are about 0.6 miles away from that but like others said on here have old copper wire running from the house. Since December I have been on to BT weekly about poor access often 'outages' late at night. The normal response is that the engineers 'are working on it' and everything will be resumed in two hours, 24 hours, etc. I sometimes wonder if they do anything and it just comes back on its on accord! Last night however, it went off completely (still blue light on hub though) so BT asked me if I had considered moving house as "thats as good as its going to get". What a bunch! It is really frustrating.....
    Muruchy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12