Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Reids

Default Reids

Please put me right, but i heard the other day that Reids Caffe and chip shop in Thurso were closing is this correct?

No actually i was asking a question

Quote Originally Posted by JANJO View Post
    Please put me right, but i heard the other day that Reids Caffe and chip shop in Thurso were closing is this correct?
    They are for sale anyway - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercia...-70530029.html and http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercia...-52663497.html

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie2017 View Post
    Yee thot yee’d hev a go at trollin’ ‘e parcel company but you didna bet on thim bitin’ back and showin’ yee up as a liar. Wir still waitan.
    I absolutely agree with what he said in his post about MacRitchies. I have had nothing but trouble with their deliveries in recent months as well. I think Michael Dennis made his point about them extremely well although I am unsure why you are trying to re-open an old closed thread, are you stuck on repeat or something. From what I can see you troll every thread there is.

Thanking you, much appreciated.

Thanks for the info, I had also heard that the caffe was also for sale, but this may not be the case.

Thanking you

Thanks for that, one to ignore thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JANJO View Post
    Thanks for the info, I had also heard that the caffe was also for sale, but this may not be the case.
    There are two links in my response JANJO, one for the cafe and one for the fish and chip shop, both for sale.

Yes just spotted it , thanking you...so we could also be down to only one chippy instead of when there were at least four, if they cannot sell them though it makes you wonder if they will just vacate the buildings , to save money on there expansions.

When you read the chip shop literature it says "
    Turnover is in the region of £200,000 with a net profit in the region of £50,000.
    ".

And "
    The business is currently run under management, employing 1 fulltime, 1 part time staff member as well as some seasonal and casual staff as required. There is no doubt that hands on owners would be able to increase profitability by reducing the number of staff required.
    "

Why would you want to close it if it makes nearly a £1000.00 per week profit and is run by a manager for you?

Wish I had the money to buy it!

local paper said a few weeks back that they were selling up to move to new premises

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    local paper said a few weeks back that they were selling up to move to new premises
    That's a relief.........our once a week treat.

Feel sorry for any new owner if Reid's are just moving, as I'm sure most of the customer base would 'move' with them as their fish is superb

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    That's a relief.........our once a week treat.

Feel sorry for any new owner if Reid's are just moving, as I'm sure most of the customer base would 'move' with them as their fish is superb
    I do not think they are moving to still do fish and chips, They are selling to put more into the bakery side and it would be all in that direction, so unless a new owner takes over the chippy it will probably close totally.