Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: News story

Default News story

I am not sure where to post this, this was from my local paper "The Courier" (Dundee). This happened in Dundee, presumably it could have happened in other places as well:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...ffice-closure/

A worrying time for some people on benefits.

Worrying indeed. Between the recent price hike of Frosty Jacks, and the indignation suffered because someone dared not open the Jobcentre due to bad weather. The wording on the sign saying "If you are claiming benefit, it will be paid in the usual way" must have been particularly traumatic.

On the plus side, there would have been plenty opportunities for Job Seekers in clearing snow off the paths leading up to elderly folks houses.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    Worrying indeed. Between the recent price hike of Frosty Jacks, and the indignation suffered because someone dared not open the Jobcentre due to bad weather. The wording on the sign saying "If you are claiming benefit, it will be paid in the usual way" must have been particularly traumatic.

On the plus side, there would have been plenty opportunities for Job Seekers in clearing snow off the paths leading up to elderly folks houses.
    You heartless piece of kail!

People were getting out of taxis with their large families and crying.

Crying!

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    People were getting out of taxis with their large families and crying.
    This is completely understandable. Had I taken a taxi for the 527 metres between Hilltown and the Job Centre (source = Google Earth), I too would be greetin my eyes out having worked out just how much, per metre, the minimum fare had cost.