Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Smilies

Default Smilies

Do the smilies work on Safari?

When I try to put a smilie on a post all I get is '' for example.

Any ideas?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda the flump View Post
    Do the smilies work on Safari?

When I try to put a smilie on a post all I get is '' for example.

Any ideas?
    Given that I am seeing a winking smilie I would guess that you typed:

Code:
        ;)
    or something similar?

Do other .gif images display ok for you in safari? If they do then the smilies should display ok. If not you may want to take a look at your images display settings.

Yes they seem to display ok when they are on the message board but when I am writing a post they don't appear as gifs shows up as :_eek_: minus the underscores.

odd.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject - Winston Spencer Churchill

That probably means that the fancy edit post box is not fully supported by Safari and so its just showing you the BBCode for the smilies as you post. The "preview post" button will show you what your post will look like before you submit it. (no harm in other users trying this button before they post to see if their quotes have worked correctly etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie View Post
    That probably means that the fancy edit post box is not fully supported by Safari and so its just showing you the BBCode for the smilies as you post. The "preview post" button will show you what your post will look like before you submit it. (no harm in other users trying this button before they post to see if their quotes have worked correctly etc)
    Naw, does not show up in the preview box either, but once posted they look ok.

Still, not a major issue and I can live with it.