Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: XBox 360'

Default XBox 360'

A few days ago, the 360' decided to pack up. It started with crashing occasionally when certain games were being loaded, which, y'no, didn't seem like much of a problem, just a bit irritating.

But now, when it's turned on all I get is the three dreaded red lights and a blank TV screen. The top right light is off but the power light is green.

Microsoft have been no help,(surprise surprise) so I was wondering if anyone had any home-made solutions or ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by M.Funkenstein View Post
    A few days ago, the 360' decided to pack up. It started with crashing occasionally when certain games were being loaded, which, y'no, didn't seem like much of a problem, just a bit irritating.

But now, when it's turned on all I get is the three dreaded red lights and a blank TV screen. The top right light is off but the power light is green.

Microsoft have been no help,(surprise surprise) so I was wondering if anyone had any home-made solutions or ideas?
    Buy a Wii, Microsoft sacrificed proper cooling for the 360 to make it nice and quiet also didn't even think to solder it properly. Try and get a replacement from Microsoft if still under warranty otherwise use it as a bookend or spend about £100 getting Microsoft to fix it.

Would This link be any good to you?