Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Executors

Default Executors

Has anyone experienced problems being an executor.? Did the deceased owe money and you had to pay it or maybe you were taken to court? Did you know you would be an executor? I didn't and I never will be again
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

who says you have to pay whatever debt?
    dont get scammed by a dca that you must pay anything on any debt
    they are NOT bailiffs and have ZERO legal power
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

It did take quite a while to get sorted out when I was executor for my dad, but with patience got everything sorted in the end (although still waiting for SSAFA award to be paid out).

I wrote to the creditors with a copy of the death certificate and the bank balance and the debts were written off.

A number of years ago I did this on a much larger scale for two relatives with the same effect.

Give me a shout Fran if you think I can help in any way.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Fran. Please PM me, your inbox is full.

Inbox emptied

I was executor for my dad and all went fine but when i was executor for my uncle it all went crazy due to family members stirring things up so never again .

My cousin and I were executors to a relative who died 6 years ago and this case has gone on for five years. The relative had never been on benefits but had pension credit he wouldn't have known about. DWP want £8.000 from me now

It must be from the deceased estate, not from you.

Simply Put :-

The executor must pay off any debts or taxes from the person's "estate", and then distribute it to the "beneficiaries" (the people who will benefit, or inherit). An estate is normally made up of someone's property, money and possessions. An executor (or executors) may be named in someone's will.

Any Debts should be paid from the Estate and not from the Exector's Personal Funds.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Spot on Kodiak, but I know from personal experience that DWP will always try to reclaim any overpayment from any source. Their terminology in the letter asking for the refund leaves a lot to be desired.

Your MP will be happy to deal with this for you by passing in on to the minister for DWP to deal with for you. I have sent a few folk down that route with good result over the years.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Has anyone experienced problems being an executor.?
    I have. Put my back out once swinging that axe.