Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The old high school in Wick

Default The old high school in Wick

Has the old Wick High School site been sold yet?

The Wick High School was withdrawn from sale after it was pointed out that the sale plans included buildings that were to be demolished.

Thanks Bill.

So what happens now? I hope it isn’t left to rot and become derelict.

Would make a good witches den?

Have you ever considered taking up mind reading professionally?

Wouldn't a coven simply possess the place rather than go to the estate agents?

Haha yes but then we’d need to keep the council out by building defences which we ‘d prefer not to do as we would want to be open to the community.

Although the old building could be refurbished, I’d prefer not to spend money on demolition without the intention to build replacements in the foreseeable future. We wouldn’t need the space.

A little cottage in a forest clearing would be a much more traditional place for a den. Be a lot handier for nipping out to pick up the herbs and fungii needed for the potions.

I had in mind a base for the Caithness and Sutherland School Of Witchcraft. Start modestly but with space to expand to cater for the whole of Scotland and beyond. Maybe even a European School.

I see Braal Castle is still on the market. Very handy for Georgemas for students arriving by steam train

That’s a splendid suggestion! It’s an ideal location.

You'll need to magic up a sizeable wad of cash though.

And evict the current tenants.

Assuming there are such?
    Last edited by crayola; 12-May-18 at 14:07.

You would, however, be in Halkirk. And everyone knows the best way to see Halkirk is though your rear view mirror. There is quite an amazing abandoned lodge a little way above Loch More - very atmospheric, on a bit of blasted heath, plenty of space for the bodies.

Dalnawillan Lodge?

It would require significant refurbishment mind. But its location would be ideal for our advanced classes on the power of 6. We need space and ideally to be away from the prying eyes of the authorities when developing further the power of 6.

My retired red deer stalker pal could be our equivalent of Hagrid.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    We need space and ideally to be away from the prying eyes of the authorities when developing further the power of 6.
    Hmmm, old High Schoold sounds far from suitable for this then. Space yes, prying eyes of Highland Council? Plenty.....

We would refurbish the old high school buildings and use them for conventional schooling in witchcraft albeit with a modern avant garde flavour of contemporary Wicca. The experimental work we would definitely develop elsewhere. Dalnawillan Lodge could serve both purposes but it wouldn’t increase footfall in the town centres. And it wouldn’ t spoil anyone’s view.

I shall visit Dalnawillan Lodge next time I’m in the county.

I shall endeavour to bring along my architect pal. It would need a lot of TLC before we could use it. I wonder how much the Sinclairs would want for it.

Surely it needs to look a bit dilapidated for a witches den? Ideally out of the way of prying eyes, and far enough from civilisation in case any potions go wrong. But still handy for the station! Winner winner chichen dinner!

The delapidated look is ok for the outside. We like a bit of luxury on the inside. And Altnabreac station is handy.