Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hermes - Macritchie Highland Distribution Wick

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hermes - Macritchie Highland Distribution Wick

Pretty fed up to be honest. Thought finally Hermes had got their act together up here but it would appear not.

Have been waiting for a really important piece of equipment through Amazon and it was meant to be delivered Thursday. It was a no show on Thursday but I could forgive that due to size of parcel and location, Friday it said Out For Delivery so I contacted to double check tracking was right and was promised it would be with me that day, even though I had to wait in for it to be delivered as it couldnt just be left due to size and value. Nothing!

I email MacRitchies who now deliver Hermes parcels up here, which I just had to follow up with a phone call due to an incoherent response. I can only say I am pretty shocked as to their really poor customer service.

I was told the vans just back and "well if its no been delivered its no here." So I asked who I should contact to trace where it is, for which I got no response at all. Its apparently nothing to do with them if Hermes hasn't given it to them, even though their vans are plastered in their name, it is their drivers who deliver, and who local customers expect to be able to help them or signpost them to help. The day and age of passing the buck is long gone and businesses taking ownership of an issue is key to resolve customer issues.

Give me Menzies any day vs the rest of the cowboys who don't give a toot. I wish companies like Hermes would realise that and only partner with reputable companies as this is beyond ridiculous.

If they do by miracle get it here today, I shall eat my words and remove most of this but the chance is less than 5% of that being needed. Nothing else to do but write a long complaint to Hermes Head Office and Amazon over yet another local delivery fiasco.
    Last edited by Michael Dennis; 12-Feb-18 at 14:48.