Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Conservation area thurso

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Conservation area thurso

Looking for some advice.

I need to replace a small piece of roof approx 1m x 3m on a bay window. The tiles are damaged and water is getting into my living room .

The main roof was replaced by the previous owners and I want to use the same slate on the bay window.

I rang the council today to run it by them hoping/assuming they would just tell me to get on with the work but they said I need to do a full planning application because I am within the conservation area....seems crazy for such a small "alteration" and I see people making changes to houses within the conservation area and when I search on the highland council planning website they haven't made any application, the only changes that I can find are for listed buildings.

I could only only speak with a planner in Inverness and they wouldn't give me a number or pass me through to Wick to speak to someone local.

Has anybody else had a similar situation and are people putting planning applications in for such maintenance projects?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Thurso man; 09-Feb-18 at 22:22.