Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Lochshell Dentist.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lochshell Dentist.

Oh well, i suspect that's the start of the private treatment beginning in Lochshell after getting a letter today to tell me i will be transferred to another dentist. No choice in the matter nor was i asked before this decision was made. I was prefectly happy with my current dentist yet here we are playing musical chairs once again. This does not bode well for the future. Not happy :-(

We were transferred from Wick to Thurso a couple of years ago and the treatment was abysmal. I made enquiries and our old dentist was happy to take us back on his books. Having said that emergency treatment has been provided by a different dentist on the day when required, but have often had appointments altered or cancelled at short notice. Still all NHS treatment at Lochshell has been excellent if somewhat drawn out this last year due to staff shortages. I am sure if you phone them and voice your concerns there may be an alternative solution Shaggy.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I got my letter too! Not happy because I went to Lochshell after bad service from a private practice in Caithness. Lochshell service has been first rate.
    The letter says that Scottish Government has reduced funding for the Public Dental Service (i.e. Lochshell) because patients with no additional needs should access NHS dental services through a General Dental Practional (i.e. Private Practice).
    Seems to me that this change has been sneaked in with no publicity and no public debate.

It makes no difference.

Firstly their list is bursting at the seams, secondly Bridges does NHS treatment now at NHS prices. PDS is NHS salaried dentists effectively. They are not saying you cannot access NHS treatment there, but they are moving you to somewhere locally where you can.

We are hardly back to the days of no NHS dentist for love nor money. Your services aren't being removed, just available elsewhere.

I go to the hospital for all of my treatment due to phobia so doesnt affect me.