Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Whats in your garden right now?

Default Whats in your garden right now?

Was delighted yesterday lots of birds coming to the feeders, goldfinches, yellowhammers, greenfinches

One lonesome Sparrow, chomping on the feeder, and a very frustrated MrBurd, trying to get the house painted .

I can hear lots of birdies around though, however I suspect they're all hiding in the trees close by...
    WeeBurd.

Ah, let's see.... goldfinches, greenfinches, robins, blackbird, odd sparrow, blue tits.... oh, yes and I can see that blasted cat from next door hiding in the undergrowth. (where's my water pistol?)
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Just now? - Mother and father blackbird and two offspring and a couple of sparrows. There are an undisclosed number of sparrow hatchlings under the roof tiles. The bird bath attracts the birds and they empty it every day having baths.

Dozens of sparrows and their offspring. magpies with young, ringed doves,starlings with hatched brood,visiting wrens ( they did n't use the lovely nest he built,)blackbirds,seagulls.robins and a crow that's gonna get his come uppance the next time he starts up at 5.30am on the ridge above the bedroom.

Thanks Highlander for the lovely pics, keep them coming. Nothing in garden at mo - the birdies are in their beddies sleeping !

towhees, robins, red headed linnets, and 2 black phoebes skimming the water!