Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A BIG Thank You

Default A BIG Thank You

This afternoon I went to the Thurso Post Office to collect my Pension. I was dismayed to see a large Queue. The reason for this Queue was that there was a Lady paying in several sacks of money and each one had to be counted. As I am disabled standing is a real pain for me. After 20 minutes this woman was still paying in and as there was only one person working all I couls do was wait.

Eventually this Lady finished at last and the next person moved over to be served. This time she had three parcels to be posted. The Gentleman in front of me turned around and said I could go Ahead of him. Then the next person said exactly the same thing, and so did the next person. This went on until I was at the front of the Queue. I thanked them all and I was able to get my Pension far quicker than I thought I would and these People in the Queue who let me go in front of them save me a LOT of Pain.

I do not know who you are but I would like to say here on the Org :-

A VERY LARGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I am sure your recognition of kind folks trying to help somebody in distress is much appreciated.

It will also have made them feel good having done a good turn.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

There are still some wonderful and decent people out there ! Its easy to forget that these days. Lovely to see thanks when its due too - well done to all involved and to Kodiak for a lovely warm post
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Well done for thanking folk who helped out.

Have you considered having the pension paid into an account which has a bank card to use at the machines. It may be faster. Take a look at https://www.postoffice.co.uk/current-accounts Any bank account would be suitable from any of the main high street banks (although maybe soon we will stop calling them High Street banks). And let's hope the cash machines remain free as there seems to be threat to even that service https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/8023

As bank branches are closing down more local businesses may begin to use the post offices to pay in cash making longer queues more often. I understand some sub post offices are refusing to accept large amounts of coins due to the time to count it all.

I often use the post office in Watten. Very friendly and have never encountered a queue, although the mailbags always seem full. Letters posted there are often delivered the very next day in Leicestershire....just as first class service should be.

We kept out pensions paid into the Post Office account for as long as we could to keep the post office counter staff in employment when we lived in Edinburgh and the sub offices were under threat as most of them did not have a gift shop or Co op to keep them going.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Pity it wasn't the Bank of Scotland she was paying coins into.They only accept ten bags of coins at a time.Cannot really see the point in this especially as the bags only need weighed.Staff looked really embarrassed when they informed of this new rule.

Until such time as we live in a cashless society, small businesses need facilities for paying in cash. If the banks close, the default is the post office
    Bagpuss