Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Scrap

Default Scrap

I have 2cookers and a metal bed frame if any one wants them for scrap

Local re-cycling depot will take them

I've asked several times if anyone wanted some scrap for free and not had any response. Even the scrappie locally to me isn't interested unless i actually deliver it to them. Used to be that they would all be fighting to buy it, now they'd rather have a cuppa and put their feet up whilst you do all the running around

Albert Steptoe would turn in his grave. I am old enough to remember the rag and bone man doing his rounds and most things were recycled without an issue.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Yes, but the old horse just needed a bit of hay whereas now, there is diesel, vehicle maintenance costs and all the rest, so I guess it's a cost/benefit analysis and scrap maybe does not have the same value, wrong though that might be.
    Bring back the horse and cart/carriage! No pollution, free fertiliser, quiet-ness and lovely Gypsy type caravans doing the NC500! Now there's a happy picture!

many years ago, scrappies paid you decent dosh for the old banger on the driveway and they took it away for free too, they still pick them up from you but most now charge you for that hence why you see many scrap cars just sitting on peoples driveways. Going rate is roughly around £60 a ton for scrap cars then factor in the cost of picking them up and transporting them down to Inverness and that £60 suddenly plummets so no profit for a scrappie up here unless there's a decent load going south and no doubt if not their own transport then it will be done on a backhaul rate. I know of several bangers that have been sitting on the road for months, both marked up as SORN so shouldn't be on the road and the coppers are always parked up beside them as one delightful council house resident adjacent to them is always inviting them in for interviews but they aren't bothered about the cars.